Chapter 11 : Prophecy

I noticed through the rest of the dinner, both Jed and Mr.Crowley were glancing at me every so often. Jed obviously has feelings towards me, but a grown man, he must be in his 60's, to look at me that way..it makes me uncomfortable.

The doorbell rings again while Mr. Crowley heads to the kitchen to talk with Ted and Norma. Jed decides to answer the front door.

"Hello, I'm Kayla's dad. I'm here to pick her up." I hear Dean say from the doorway.

"Stevie! My ride's here." I tell her.

"Oh okay. Well, it was nice seeing you. Hope we can hangout again."

"Of course." I smile. She leans in for a hug and I reciprocate it.

"Bye." I say and begin to walk.

As I grab my purse and walk towards the door, I notice Dean is having a conversation with Jed.

"Yes, sir. Quarterback of the football team at my local high school."

"Well, that's good. Keep up the good work." Dean gives him a meaningful smile.

"Ah, Kayla." Jed notices me walk towards the front door.

"Hopefully, you will come back soon." Jed gives me a side smirk which makes me feel weak in the knees.

"Yeah, I had such a fun time." His flirting was kinda hilarious, sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying.

"Well, Uncle Sam is waiting in the car. See you later, Jed." Dean says to him.

"Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Winchester." He uses his charm, thankfully Dean doesn't fall for it.

"C'mon Kayla." Dean grabs my arm.

"Bye Jed." I try and catch another glimpse of his hypnotizing eyes. Every time I look at him, I just want one more glance, one more look.

"Here." He whispers and slips a paper in my hand as I'm walking out the door.

He gives me butterflies.

------------------------------------------------------

"So, the you liked hanging out over there?" Sam asks.

"A little bit rowdy, but not everybody's perfect."

"That Jed kid, you met him just today?" Dean asks through his rearview mirror.

I clutch the small paper he gave me in my pocket.

"Well, the day I met Stevie, he was there at Biggerson's. I only saw him then." I answer honestly.

"He seems like a nice kid." Dean says. Then the rest of the ride home is silent.

------------------------------------------------------

As we enter the Bunker, Castiel greets us immediately.

"Hi, Castiel." I say casually.

"Hi, Kayla." He says very quickly. He seems focused on something else.

"Can we talk about the thing...in private?" Castiel says to Dean and Sam.

"Uhhh..yeah." Dean looks at me weirdly.

"Kayla, why don't you do those tests I asked you to finish?" Sam says in a hasty tone.

"Okay." I say and I head to my room. Their nervousness scares me a lot.

In about 10 minutes, I finish the tests, but I have some questions to ask Uncle Sam. I head into the library.
------------------------------------------------------