Chapter 10 : Meet The Parents

Saturday finally rolls around and I become super nervous. Izzy was one of my only friends back home, because well I cannot trust a lot of people. What if Stevie hates me? What if her parents don't like me? What if they think I'm a slob or something?

I pick out my outfits ahead of time. I asked her what to wear and she said formal. I should have known! After all, she does live in a mansion!

I pick out a classic, little black dress with some black wedges. Thank god my birthday is soon. I always wanna get the wait over it and turn older. My Mom didn't really do much for my birthday, it was just us and sometimes Izzy.

Uncle Sam, Dean and Castiel they don't have to throw me a party.

"What time do you have to be there?" Dean walks into my doorway.

"6:00 pm."

It was only 12:00 in the afternoon, I had time to kill.

"Oh, okay." He walks past my door.

"I just need you to know something."

"What? Something wrong?" He gets concerned and sits at the end of my bed.

"No, I just wanted to let you know that my birthday is in a few weeks and-"

"What day?"

"October 22nd."

"You are gonna be, 17 right?"

"Yeah. But listen I don't want a huge party!"

"What? C'mon every birthday is special." Dean obviously doesn't agree.

"I don't want you spending a lot of money on me!" I argue.

"Kayla, listen, I wouldn't buy you a mansion, just I don't know, I wanna do something special. Its your first birthday with us." He gives me a pout.

"Okay, well I'm gonna take a shower."

"Either Castiel or Sam will take you later..I gotta do some stuff. I will try to go, but we gotta find evidence for another case." He says with no emphasis.

"See you later then..and hope you come." I smile.

I rush to the shower and take a long, steamy shower to relax and heal my muscles. I mean, I wouldn't want to be thrown again but, if I could control it, I would fly like crazy! That's one thing I'm not afraid of and that's heights.

The shower aiutomatically makes me feel so much better! I take two towels and wrap them around myself and head to my room to put on some sweatpants until I really have to get ready.

Someone knocks on my door.

"Come in." Its Uncle Sam.

"Hey, feeling better?" He smiles.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Hey, um, are you busy?"

"Well, I was wondering you could do some practice tests, so we can start working. Is that okay if you fill them out?" He holds out some papers.

"Okay, but just letting you know, math is my weakness."

"Sammy knows Math the best!" Dean comes into my room as I take the papers.

"Yeah..Dean can only count on his fingers!" Sam whispers.

"You, shut up!" Dean turns around and points a finger.

"At least I know some Shakespeare... had to use it on the ladies before..." He jokes, but Sam rolls his eyes.

"Try and give me those tomorrow.