"I doubt that'll happen, and truthfully, I hope it doesn't. That seems like an awful lot of pressure, and the last thing I need is added stress. I'm already molting." She joked, attempting to lighten up the serious note that Nik had left.

Her phone buzzed, and she put the phone if speaker to check the text message.

From: Stiles

Come to Deaton's. Need your help!

"Hey Nik. Can I call you back? Something just came up and I need to go."

"Sure, love. Be safe."

"Right back at you, old man." She hung up the phone, tugging on her shoes simultaneously.

It took her all of ten minutes to get to Deaton's clinic where everyone was already at, and gathered around the examination table.

Once she walked into the room, all eyes were on her. "What happened?"

"We came up with a plan to turn Malia back."

Her brows furrowed. "How?"

"Xylazine." Deaton's spoke. "It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds." He placed three small bottles of a clear liquid. "I only have three. So whoever's shooting needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot." Scott inquired, his stance straightening.

Layla sucked in a sharp breath, cracking her back in the process. "She used to be."

"She can do it."

"If we manage to find the thing." Isaac added. He was leaning against a shelf, his arms crossed over his chest. The handprint had healed off his face.

Stiles pointed to Isaac in frustration. "Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's sixty-five degrees out."

Isaac ignored his questions, even though he looked slightly offended. "Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?"

"I can do it." Scott weakly volunteered.

"You can?"

Scott nodded at his best friend. "Yeah, remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school? In the gym he was able to turn me with just his voice. Deucalion the same thing in the distillery." At the demon wolf's name, Scott and Stiles glanced at me before looking down at their feet.

What the hell?

"This is a werecoyote, Scott." Deaton pointed out, his tone doubtful. "Who knows if it'll even work but if you can find someone who can teach you."

"That's why you called Derek first." Stiles announced in realization, understanding overtaking his face.

Scott sighed and leaned over the stainless steel examination table. "Yeah, I could try it on my own but right now, I'm scared to even change into just a werewolf."

"We need a real alpha." Scott stared at his best friend, thoroughly offended. "You know what I mean. An alpha who can do alpha things. You know, an alpha who can get it going. You know, get it—"

"Up?" Isaac and Layla offer simultaneously, gaining a thumbs up in appreciation from Stiles.

"Great. I'm an alpha with performance issues."

"Is there anyone besides Derek who can help?"

Everyone turned to look at the petite girl, knowing about the set of red eyes she had inherited from Talia Hale. "I have no idea how to turn that on and off. I did in New Orleans with a guy I met, but I have no idea how to do it freely." Isaac opened his mouth but she spoke faster, trying to drown out the question he was bound to ask. "And, I wouldn't trust Peter."

"You met a guy?" He whispered, hurt clear in his blue eyes.

Layla ignored him and how he was staring at her. His fists tightly clenched at his sides. "Maybe the twins?" Stiles suggested.

"They're not alphas anymore." Deaton rejected. "After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them."

"Yeah, but what if they know how to do it." Layla urged.

"Nobody's seen them for weeks."

Her cheeks turned a light pink and cleared her throat awkwardly. "That's not exactly true." She unlocked her phone, typing a quick text to Aiden, asking him to meet us at Derek's loft.

"So you have been talking to him!" Isaac accused, pointing a finger at his ex-girlfriend.

A similar message was typed and sent to Ethan. "I never said I wasn't. I just said I haven't done anything with him."

"How do I know that that's true?"

Layla scoffed in aggravation. "Listen to my heartbeat." She demands. "I didn't do anything with Aiden." She slowly spoke, annunciation get each word.

"And what about the guy from New Orleans?"

The werewolf paused, looking down at her dark phone screen. "Well, him I had sex with."

"Are you kidding me?" He chocked out. Isaac ran his fingers through his hair, roughly tugging at the blonde strands. "You cheated on me?"

"No." Layla's tone was cold and held no remorse as she spoke. "I dumped you before I left. I was faithful, Isaac." The phone buzzed, signifying Aiden's response. "Let's go. They're meeting us at Derek's loft."