Chapter 13

"Look, you three, I've only heard rumors about what happened last night and frankly, I don't want to know what happened," coach said to Rowan, Sidney and Claude, "all I have to say is, it better not affect your playing. We have a game and a gold medal to win."

"Of course coach." They all said in unison before leaving the office.

Rowan left to go do her extensive pre-game routine and left Sid and Claude alone for the first time since the incident the night before.

"Look Giroux, off the ice you and I can go on hating each other and I don't care. But on the ice were teammates and what happened last night doesn't affect how we play today. Understood?"

"First off, you are not my teammate. You are some guy I have to play with and its not going to affect my playing. If you think it is keep your mouth shut and we'll make it through this game and go on hating each other." Claude stormed off towards the trainers room.

"One game Sidney, you can do this." He whispered to himself, walking towards the locker room.

A 6-1 win secured Canada's legacy in international competition and added Sid to the Triple Gold list.

"This is a pretty good birthday present," Sidney said sitting down next to Rowan in the locker room.

"Yeah it is, but technically my birthday isn't 'til tomorrow so..." Rowan replied, taking a sip of her celebratory beer.

"Is your dad going to be in town tomorrow? You know for your birthday and celebrating and all that?" Sidney asked.

"No he couldn't make it, he had something going on in Pitt yesterday and he couldn't get a flight."

"Oh...that sucks." He replied.

Rowan smiled back at him before she could respond, as she was pulled away by Tyler Seguin to do several shots.

The next day Sidney was planning on spending the day with his family walking around Prague but before they did anything he knocked on Rowan's door; wondering if she'd go with them.

"Nobody should be alone on their birthday." Sidney said standing outside her hotel room.

The Crosby's and Rowan spent the day being absolute tourists and visiting all the museums and monuments in Prague.

AN: I'm so sorry I haven't been posting at all! I have been super busy with school, hockey and other life things. I hope you're enjoying this story but it's almost over.
Little update about me, I just got back from a trip to Pittsburgh! I went to a Penguins game and to all of you who get to see those on a regular basis I am insanely jealous! I also met Queen Vero Fleury and totally almost asked her to adopt me... Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through my break!