Chapter 1

Elaine's POV:

I had just finished college the week before and I was finished moving into the new house that I bought about a month ago. I had told the previous owner that I wouldn't be able to move in for awhile, so now, I have this big house that was two stories tall with a ton of rooms. I sighed and looked down to my pet Cockatiel's, Kiwi and Mango.

"Well, here we go, off on the great adventure of life, and here's to being completely single. I'm going on an adventure, wish me luck." I said and raised a root-beer float that I made up in the air as if there was great audience in front of me after they fought a great a battle.

I imagined that they cheered wildly and started partying like there was no tomorrow. I took a sip of my root-beer float. Then I remembered.

"I haven't made my bed and set up my Middle-earth stuff yet!" I sat my drink down in a rush and almost spilled it, but caught it just in time and ran to my room and made my bed.

My bed sheets had my favorite characters of all, Kili and Fili, and the pillow on the right side of my bed had my three favorite elves, Tauriel, Legolas, and King Thranduil, and the pillow on the left side of the bed had my four favorite hobbits, Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin, and last of all, the small pillow in the middle of my bed had Aragorn, son of Arathorn, heir to the throne of Gondor. Now, it was time to go set up my action figures, posters, maps, wizard staffs, jewelry, my Gandalf hat, my my One Ring to Rule Them All replica, and finally, life-size cardboard cut-out of Fili. Honestly, I thought that the Dean O'Gorman Fili was so handsome. Then I set up my birdcage for Kiwi and Mango. I looked around my freshly made room and sighed happily.

"It couldn't be more perfect." I smiled.

"My root-beer float!" I thought and ran back downstairs and luckily the ice-cream hadn't completely melted.

After I finished my float, I decided to read The Hobbit again while listening to all my Hobbit soundtracks on Spotify. Within an hour I had already gotten half way through the book when I became tired and passed out. But what I didn't know was that I was going on the adventure of a lifetime.