First Day in Training

Commander's POV
" Okay everyone! Here's the list of people who are going into the Attack Group. " all the recruits started to come into the center of the base to hear which group they would be in.

" Daniel, Aisha, Logan, Trent, and Lai. You will all be in this group. " I said, I heard whoops of cheers and congratulations from the crowd. I silenced them raising my hand.

" For the Defense Group, there will be Sara, Kindall, Ryan, Jane, and Sawyer. " Looking up from my paper, I saw Sarah with a surprised look on her face as she was given a high-five by her new friend Jane.

" For the Rescue Group, Tina, Pip, Brooklyn, David, and Mike. " I smiled at Tina, she gladly agreed to stay at the Scouts.

" You will be learning how to do your job in your group with these sims. " I brought up two sim people. One of them was green with a shield and a sword, bowing to the people who were going to be in the Defense Group. Another, sky blue with techno-like flowing blue hair with a nurse's coat, she gave a small wave to her trainees. " Um, Commander, " I looked over to Lai, I raised an eyebrow, " Yes? "

" Who will we be training with? " I smirked, " You'll be training with me, just so you'll know, I won't go so easy on you for your skills. " Lai politely nodded, and I dismissed the recruits to their rooms.
---------

( First day in training )
Sara's POV
I was surprised I even got into the Defense Group, I never even thought I would be that good at fighting at the least!

I got into position as our mentor/sim came into view as it was created once more. The sim looked like a human, warrior and surprisingly a friendly impression. " Hello. Today we will be learning how to help the Attack Group as they try to recover or rest from their use of energy. " So they mean when the group needs to rest or heal for a bit...got it. I thought as the sim spoke. " You will be put in a simulation where it seems as if we were fighting in war, you will be defending the green sim people as we attack the purple sim people, got it? " everyone answered saying ' Yes sir! '

As the simulation work place, everything was dark, I felt like I was being disintegrated and being put together again. My surroundings became clearer, and it seemed like we were already in battle. The whole place we were in I heard yelling and shouting to tell us to fight. I reacted immediately realizing I had weapons on my belt and started to cover for some of the green sims. I knew this was a sim, but it seemed so real, even the hits I got from the purple sims hurt, but I kept on fighting.

It felt like hours until it became black again and was soon back at base. Everyone was panting and rubbing parts of their bodies that I guess were probably hurt in the sim.

" Good Job everyone, great determination. For the first generation of Scouts, you will be great. " as I listened to my mentor, he had a glint in his eye as he looked over to me, as if to give praise for what I did. I smiled as we were dismissed and I headed to my room.

Tina's POV
I had to admit, I was pretty sad that I couldn't even show my fighting abilities, I wonder if I'll ever be able to do them now. I thought as I went into the room where my lesson was. I saw a sim that had a stern look, and she had the clothing of a nurse.

" Welcome everyone. " she said, " Some of you may think the Rescue Group is easy. " she paused for a moment. " But that isn't so. "

" A job in the Rescue Group means you have spirit, bravery, and most of all, you have an ability to stay alert. " During this teaching lesson, I learned that there were two jobs in the Rescue Group, the healing side and the saving side. I had no choice to go to the healing part of the group since my injury cause me to not have enough speed to outrun the Tanos.

" You will be inside independent sims to see if you can handle the pressure, if you fail, I will ask the Commander if she can assign a different Group for you to be in. " I looked at some or the recruits, they seemed like they would lack the work to do in the sim, " But I can tell if you are faking the lack in work or not, and if I see that you will not be put into any of the Groups at all. "

The world was swirling around me like I was inside a whirlpool, getting sucked down into darkness. When my eyesight was clear again, I was in the midst of the fighting of the Tanos. People came up to me bringing people who were injured, I immediately started tending the wounds. A sim person had a long, deep gash on her leg, at least this isn't as bad as my wound, I thought as I cleaned and bandaged the wound. " Will you be alright? " I asked the sim, she nodded and I continued helping out more and more people who were injured. I watched as my fellow trainees were rescuing the sims who couldn't walk bringing them to me.

Soon, it was dark again and I was brought back into the present. " Amazing job Tina! You knew exactly what to do, you will be the leader in the first expedition's group. " I smiled with pride as my mentor grinned at me and started to dismiss the group. I headed to my room where Sara was.

Lai's POV
" Time for your first training session. " the commander said walking back and forth,  " I will assign you partners to fight each other with no weapons. " I guess I was kind of nervous, lots of the recruits were all smiling as if this were as easy as pie. " First to tackle their opponent to the ground without them recovering will gain a higher status in the first Scouts Group. "

After everyone one was assigned, we started to do our fighting rounds. I was partnered with Ryan, which I was worried about, he was intimidatingly taller than me and was older than my age of 13. " Who would want to go first? " nobody raised their hand, most recruits were partnered with people they didn't know how skilled they were. The commander looked over to me, " Would you like to go first?" I gulped as I walked into the clearing where we would be fighting.

Commander's POV
I glanced at Lai, I walked near him to try to give him some advice. " Have confidence. " he looked so nervous, it was the least I could do. " Begin. " I said, the two both went into a fighting stance. The mentors they came to before they enrolled in Scouts have taught them the ways to use weapons and ways in combat.

Ryan came in closer to Lai. He threw a punch in his direction, Lai dodged it quickly. As he dodged, Lai did a low kick to put Ryan off balance. It worked perfectly and Ryan was so close to toppling over, using this chance, Lai did a slight kick near the side, just enough to bring him to the ground. Lai was breathing hard and eyeing Ryan as he lay there startled on the ground, he wasn't badly damaged. I waited there for a moment and gave a small nod to Lai, " Good job, your skills will be of good help for the future. "

After I called more and more people to do their rounds, they were soon done and I dismissed the trainees. " Lai. " I called, he looked over his shoulder, " Yes? "

" Meet me this afternoon at 6:00 " Lai nodded and returned to his room to get ready for supper.
-----------

Hey everyone!
There will definitely be some attacking parts coming the next chapter, these first parts of the story are just the recruits getting used to their routine. But either way, there will be more action coming up.

Well, thanks for reading, bye!