5

Previously...

I saw you looking full of sorrow, like you were suffering." He moved closer to me. "Then I saw him push you against the car." He was really close to me, touchable close. "Haley, look at me." I turned slowly to him. "Don't let him hurt you." He moved my hair out of my face and put it behind my ear. "Just don't" I hugged him. I didn't know why, but I felt like I was supposed to.

Xavier hugged me back. I felt so good to be in his arms.

And so it continues...

My phone buzzed.

Brandon:
Come home now

"I have to go." I got up. I opened the door and was about to leave, but Xavier grabbed my hand.

"Take care." He said. Then he kissed me on my cheek. It was sweet of him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Brandon waited for me. He walked up to me.

"Destiny told me you were at Xavier's house." How does she know that I was at his house?

"I was."

"I don't like you being around him."

"Well, I don't really have a choice."

"She also told me, she offered to sit next to you, but you said no." Anger came over him. "Why did you do that?"

"Can't I go a day with a question?"

"I don't like Xavier." He said, completely ignoring my question. I walked pass him. "Where do you think you're going?" He moved into my way, blocking my path. "I'm not done talking to you."

"I'm tired." I continued moving towards my house.

"So you don't want to see your sister?"

"Let me just put my bad away." I went inside and made a phone call.
"It's Haley."

"Do you have the tracker I gave you?" The man said. I took out the tracker out of my bag." Place it on your phone." I turned my phone over and put the tracker on the back.

"Done."

"Haley, now you go with Brandon to where you sister is. Act normal and don't make it conspicuous. Got it?"

"Got it." I hung up the phone and just left my bag at the bottom of the stairs. Then I left with Brandon.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You can take it off now." I took off the bind fold; we were at the same place in the woods. He opened the cabin door. Heather was worse than before. She was skinner, bruises on her ankles, wrist, and face. Heather wasn't tied up anymore; she was lying down on the floor. She wasn't moving. "You have a visitor." I thought she was dead, but then she moved a little. "Haley is here." She sat up. I ran to her

"What did you do?" I asked. Brandon has been hurting her. Hurting my sister and me, for what? For me to love him? It just isn't right. "What did you do?" I repeated "Brandon why?"

"Time to go." I wiped my sister's tears away, kissed her on the forehead, and said good bye to her. I didn't want to leave nut I had to. As we walked out I accidently dropped my phone.

It was extremely late when Brandon dropped me off. The lights were off. Did my parents even know I wasn't home? I quietly walked in. I realized my bag was gone. Maybe mom put it away. I walked into my room and there it was, on my bed. It had a note on it.

Good Job

I knew who it was from.

I looked over to at my alarm clock; it was ten in the morning. I slept in; thank god I didn't have school today. I got out of bed, I didn't bother to change. I walked down stairs in my pajama bottoms and a large, baggie shirt. Mom was in the kitchen making breakfast. Dad wasn't home, and cops were outside Heather's window. The window where Brandon took her.