Chapter 3- A Bloody Nightmare

We were now imprisoned, chained and gagged and being held against our will. This was not how I thought this mission would go. We stopped in a huge control room with a hooked chain dangling from the ceiling, where we were hooked and lifted off the ground.
"Ah, Flame and Winter, just the people I've been hoping for." We turned our heads to see Ghost, sitting in a huge chair. "I'm glad you decided to drop by. It gets quite lonely without people to talk to." I tried to argue, but my speech was muffled and when I attempted to speak, the gag would burn the corners of my mouth from friction. I could tell Winter was doing something, I just couldn't figure out what.
"I do apologise for not being able to stay longer, but there are more Freedom Fighters around, so I shall leave you with the present I made for you." He pressed a button on a large computer system and a pool of acid was revealed underneath us. At that point, I began to panic. I desperately thrashed against the chains. Ghost began to laugh and left without another word, however 4 robots remained. So even if we survived this, we would have to fight straight away- not my ideal cup of coffee. I heard the chain being lowered by another robot, bringing us closer to our death, that is, until the chains around us fell. A hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me up to the hook, Winters. So that's what he was up to. I took the gag out of my mouth and jumped onto solid ground, knocking a robot's head off in the process. I drew my katana and slice another robot in half.
"We have to go after him!" I shouted as Winter finished off the last robot.
"Yeah, like this wasn't traumatic enough. We're going back."
This is why I struggle to work with him; he's so persistent, yet adorable... Wait, what was I thinking?! I didn't have time to think about that sort of thing. I ran full speed towards the door, breaking it down with my boot. Not a single robot was present; that would make catching up to Ghost so much easier. I was about to start running again when I felt Winter sharply pull me to the ground. He put his foot on my chest to prevent me from moving. Desperately trying to get back up, I tried to lift his foot off of my chest, but to no avail.
"Get a hold of yourself!" He shouted roughly, "You're going on a suicide mission, and I don't intend to go back to HQ telling everyone that you ran after Ghost by your self and died!" To be honest, he was right. My mind gave in and I nodded in agreement. He pulled me back up and ushered me to go outside, back to our horses. I started walking, before a sharp pain rippled through my stomach. Winter turned to my agonising scream and a slam against the cold, metal floor. I looked down to my torso, blood stained my clothing in a puddle of red; my hand gripping the injury in excruciating pain. My eyes slowly drifted up to the figure standing above me: Ghost, holding a bloody knife in his hand. Winter knelt down beside me and looked up to him, scowling with rage built up inside of his body.
"Next time be aware of your surroundings. I could be anywhere." He chuckled and turned on the spot, sprinting through the busted doorframe and disappearing into the shadows. Winter was about to run after him when he heard my moans of pain; I was losing blood, and a lot of it. I felt myself begin to slip in and out of consciousness.
"Winter, we... Need to... Get back before I... Lose... Consciousness." I was panting heavily; the world around was closing in,almost like a room with moving walls, there was no escape. Winter lifted me off the ground and ran back to the horses, climbing onto his after tying the reins of my horse onto his. The last thing I saw was his worried face, before I was out cold.