Chapter 1- The Freedom Fighters

"Priority 1: Capture Freedom Fighters!" A metallic voice echoed throughout the sewers I was going through and I felt two robot arms grab my body, lifting me into the air. A red light seemed to scan me.
"Flame Altava, match identified! Returning to base!" I pulled out a small screwdriver and stabbed it through a gas canister that powered the guard,  making it power down and drop me to the floor. This was a regular thing in my life. I was a 14 year old on the run;  a Freedom Fighter. We were people who risked their lives for the freedom of our lands. I was part of a special force known as the Underground. Some of us were hybrids; half human, half animal. I was half fox,  but I had friends who were majorly different. Then there was the enemy:  Ghost. He was a monster,  set on world domination and desperately trying to capture us hybrids to use as an elite group to help move his 'operation' forward. I stood up and looked at my clothes. Filthy. I didn't care though,  I had to get out of these sewers before reinforcement came. Sewer water began splashing up to my face as my feet took me to the nearest exit method. Lifting up the grid, I was greeted by a familiar hand reaching out to me.
"Well look who it is, Flame Altava."
"Winter Park, what are you doing here?" We grabbed each others wrists and he pulled me up out of the gutter.
"I was sent by Delvious to get you." Delvious was our boss. He was wise,  caring and a great leader. He was like a father to me, taking me in from childbirth.
"Well,  you could have come earlier. I was almost taken to Ghost." He face-palmed and began walking to two horses;  one being mine. I saddled up and began riding along-side Winter. "Let's get back to Headquarters."