Chapter 5

Sonia POV
Sonic and I hold on to each other until a knock on the door is heard. "Manic!", I exclaim as I rush to greet her brother with a hug. "Hey what a surprise! What brings you here?" 'I have to tell him. Now.' "Well I just--" "Came here to see us! Isn't it obvious?" I feel a little taken back. Why didn't Sonic let me tell Manic about this? "I guess you're right little buddy.", Manic says as he ruffles Sonic's quills. "I dropped by to see how you guys were holding up. I'm glad you guys are doing okay.", I nervously say. "Actually I'm just here to pick up the last of my things, I hope you can handle living in this big house by yourself little blue.", Manic teases. 'Wait what does Manic mean by that?' "Wait Manic--" "No time for a chat Sonia, I got to get going, I'll let Sonic fill you in with the details, bye I love you guys." He gives us a big hug and just like that he's gone. I'm still very confused.

Sonic POV
'Oh man, in all the commotion I didn't tell Sonia the good news!' "Sonic?", she questions, "What else is going on?" "Oh I'm sorry I didn't fill you in with the info, today's been crazy.", I shyly reply, "it's just that, Manic is starting his first year of college! Isn't that great?" "Oh my god that's amazing! I'm so proud!", Sonia cheers,"but..", her tone of voice gets serious and continues on by saying, "why didn't you let me tell Manic about my unemployment?" "Well that's easy to explain.", I say, "if Manic finds out, he'll do whatever he can to gives us stability, which means he could even consider dropping out of college, and we can't allow that. We know how hard he worked to get that scholarship, I couldn't forgive myself if he had to let that go away." Sonia's glare softens and realizes that I have a point. "Okay I get it.", she says, "But what will we do now? It'll take me a while to get another job, and we still need to buy you your medication. Sigh* this is too complicated." "Hmm...", I sigh, "What if I help you look for some? There's gotta be at least one job suited for you!"

Sonia POV
'Sonic has I kind heart, I need to solve this on my own, but then again, I am in no position to deny help.' "Okay, what do you want me to search for?", Sonic asks. "Well..a maid I guess. Its the only job I don't struggle at.", I humbly reply. We check out a few websites and suddenly come across something way to familiar. "Hey they are looking for male employees in your old job. Looks like that Mrs. Doom lady isn't taking any more chances.", says Sonic. "Hmm, I guess your right.", I say. 'I wonder what is going on with them right now.'

~Shadow's house~
There has been banging on my door ever since Sonia was fired. I can't take it anymore. I don't want this life and I especially don't want her. I need to break out of this vicious cycle. If only I can rewrite my past, maybe things would be different. I hear Amy's hollers come to a stop when another voice is heard. I hear murmurs and a more settle knock on my door. "Who is it now?" "Father it's me." "Just you?" "Yes. Mom went outside to calm down, now open the door." I carefully open my door and let my son in. My only son. The reason why I'm living the life I have now. But I don't blame him. He's my motivation to actually carry on and live. "Problems?", he questions. "More that you could possibly imagine.", I say. "What was it this time?", he groans. "Your mother with her pety jealously. She fired Sonia." "Sonia? That's the 10th maid fired. Too bad, I really liked her. She was cool." "Yes but there's no turning back when your mother decides on something. But I've took my precautions this time. From now on, we will only allow males to serve and work for us. It'll save us from a lot of problems." "Guys? Can I help? I'd like to see some hot babes", he smirks. "Now listen, just because we will have males working for us doesn't mean you'll be able to get it on with one of them. They're people, not objects. Understood?" "Fine.", he slurs, "You sure are a kill joy dad." "I'm not a killjoy, just someone who separates the professional from the personal." "Okay, okay I get it. I'm going to finish some work or whatever, bye dad." "Goodbye Silver."