Chapter 24

This chapter is dedicated to:
maddiecake123
She is an amazing writer and has three amazing stories that you need to check out! I have only read one so far but I am sure the others will be just as good! Thanks for your nice comment (:
Also we are writing (drafting) a book together so be sure to keep your eye out for it ;)

The next few moons were the same as any. Things returned to normal. Nothing exciting was going on. But that night it was the night of the Gathering. Moltenstar chose his cats and headed off into the forest, his silver pelt blending well with the shadows. Jigsawpaw and Lilypaw stuck together nearer the back, mewing excitedly about their first gathering. Streampaw moped around, sulking that she hadn't been picked to go with her siblings. Pinetail slinked at the edge of the pack, his wide, non seeing eyes reflecting the moonlight. When they reached the clearing, Moltenstar spotted Riverstar through the bushes, her kind blue eyes meeting his. The blue grey she cat offered a small smile before glancing to another part of the shade, where Brackenclan had arrived. A minute later, the leaders ran in, followed by their clan and took their place in the tree.

The clans talked quietly until the yowl of Birdstar to silence them. Minutes later, she was found giving her information.
"Not much has been going on. One of our queens, Honeytail, gave birth to three kits, Featherkit, Hazelkit and Coalkit. Sadly, we lost an elder three days ago, Coalfoot. He'll be missed among us all. Moltenstar?"

Moltenstar explained about Dewdrop's adventure and the rest of the activities going on in their clan. He glanced across to Riverstar, giving a small nod and mewing her name. The leaders completed their little speeches and clambered down one by one, letting their clans converse as they did so between them. Medicine cats sat with medicine cats, apprentices sat with apprentices and warriors sat with warriors. The gathering went on for a little while longer before Moltenstar called on his Clan to prepare to leave. Birdstar and Riverstar did the same and soon the clearing was empty again.

Once returned home, the cats were greeted by awoken warriors and the night guards, then settled down for sleep. All except Larkfeather. She lifted her head and glanced out of the den. Her tail swept away the dead leaves and twigs as not to make a noise and slithered out, crouching in the open. The night guards remained at the door, eyelids dropping sleepily. The she cat glanced around before leaping on top of the den, under the log that was disguising the dens and crept off into the night. As soon as she was out of sight, her wings broke free, big, feathery and golden. She flew up above the trees, squinting into the darkness below until finding what she desired. Way off into the distance was a purple-grey mountain, only small, and hidden by a circle of mountains around it. Larkfeather dropped down to the ground and began to dig through the snow that had been gathering there for centuries, her claws snagging a root of a tree. She  burrowed her way under the root and found herself in the cool room. At the center of the 'room' was a big silver willow tree, swirling branches that thinned, drooping green leaves brushing the ground beneath. The she cat made her way through the forest of leaves and stared into the pool surrounding the trunk. It was opaque blue, unlikely to be found in the area. The surface shimmered. Another face appeared next to Larkfeather's. It was RobinWing.

The she cat jumped, startled by the medicine cat's sudden presence. "R-RobinWing! What are you doing here??" Larkfeather exclaimed. The sudden realisation that her wings were not yet tucked away under her pelt washed over her with dread. The golden feathers rustled as she tried stuffing them abruptly back into hiding, but not before RobinWing had witnessed her secret. It was out.

~~~~
I'm sorry if any of this doesn't match the story I haven't read the original books in years and have lost touch with my own story so have forgotten all about previous events :( also this was short as it was already a draft and I have just finished off the final paragraph as I figured it had gone long enough without one.. please notify me if you see a mistake that doesn't match the rest of the book! X