The Truth Comes like a Hurricane

The weekend was there before I could blink. Before I knew it, we were on our way to Andy's place.
I was sitting in the back, blasting music through my ear buds while Bryan was in the front holding Johnnie's hand while he drove.
They were a cute couple. I wished I could have something like theirs. Maybe a little older.
I looked up as we pulled up to the apartment complex Andy was staying at. Against all urges to just stay in the car, I unbuckled and waited for Bryan and Johnnie to get out before following.
Bryan led the way, as he knew the way.
He also called and said he wanted to do an interview as an easy cover up to guarantee Andy would be home. So smart Bryan.
Anyway, we walked up to the door and Bryan knocked. I hid behind him, scared to be seen.
Andy opened after a second, smiling. "Hey guys," he said opening the door open for us, still not seeing me. "Just come on in and set up or ma- Kyle?"
He seemed completely surprised to see me.
I looked down, wrapping my arms around myself, managing a small, barely noticeable wave.
"Come on Kyle. Don't be like that we're friends," he said, slapping my back in a bro manner.
"That's actually what we came for," Bryan interjected. "I lied about an interview. We just need to tell you something."
Andy's eyes widened in fear as he looked at me then at Bryan and back.
He led us over to the couch and gestured for us to sit as he sat on a small chair he pulled over.
"What happened Kyle?" He asked, folding his hands over his knees.
I sit between Johnnie and Bryan, to scared to not be in reach of both of them.
I turn my head to Johnnie, silently begging for him to tell him.
Thankfully, he understood.
"Well, you see..." he started, messing with his hair. "Basically, to put it simply for no confusion: you and Kyle slept together on his birthday and now he's pregnant." He looked at me to see if what he said was adequate. "And don't you dare pull some Maury shit!" He intercepted whatever Andy's look said. "You're the only one he's ever had any form of sexual contact with so it has to be yours."
Andy looked entirely distraught. Like he didn't even know what language we were speaking.
Quickly he shook his head as hard as he could.
"A-are you sure?" He forced out. His voice quaked like her was on the verge of tears.
Johnnie sighed and I grabbed his arm for comfort of some form.
"Yes, Andy. You're the only one to have sex with him," Johnnie exasperated, bringing his free hand into a fist near his knee.
"No," Andy murmured, looking at my stomach. "How do you know he's pregnant?"
Bryan took that moment to jump in, seeing how hot Johnnie was getting.
"Johnnie took him to the doctor's Wednesday. They just got blood text," he said, wrapping his arm around the back of the couch. "There isn't a lot to see in an ultrasound at this point. If you really want one, wait another month or so for a clear image."
It surprised me at how calm he was.
Andy was still dazed but he nodded his head anyway. His eyes said he was thinking hard about something.
After a few minutes however, Johnnie got impatient about his reply.
"Look bro," he said, snapping Andy out of his trance, " we understand you probably don't want anything to do with Kyle or his baby. But I highly expect you to at least support him and pay some child support. Me and Bryan will help him with everything else."
My hands gripped tighter around his arm. What if Andy hated us now? It's one thing for him to hate me but would he hate Bryan and Johnnie now too? I didn't want to be the person that messed up their friendship.
Andy quickly nodded though.
"Of course man. If you need anything Kyle just ask man. I'll try to be here as much as I can to help anyway."
He eyes almost looked like they were glowing when he said this. Like he was beyond amazed by the fact I was pregnant.
For the first time since we arrived, I finally spoke.
"Do you mean it?" I pulled Johnnie's arm closer to my chest. "You're not just saying that are you?"
He quickly shook his head and stood up.
"Never would I ever joke about something like that. I'll even let you live here with me if you want to. Just say the word and I'll do it." He walked over to me and crouched to my level. "I promise." Was all he said as he placed one of his hands over mine.
I looked away from him and refused eye contact. Did he really mean that? Probably not but don't jinx yourself.
"Maybe later," I said after a minute. "I mean, we haven't even talked in over a month. I won't deny you access to them once they're born so if you want to live together we can. Just," I looked back up into his eyes, "if you're really serious, become my friend again. It's been awful not being able to talk to you whenever. Maybe in a month or two if you really, really want me to."
I don't know why I said all that. I sounded like a cliché chick flick with lame monolog.
He smiled all the same though. "Of course man. I'd love to have you here. Whenever you're ready."
I nodded and looked at Johnnie to see if this was all okay.
He was almost smiling at us but not quite.
Bryan was however, and pulled us both into a hug.
"How about, sence I lied about an interview, we all go eat and I'll pay?" he said looking at all three of us.