1.

There's a time in your life, when you meet the one our destined to be with. The one that you would be with until the end, the one that held your hand when you were sick. The one that wiped your tears when you were crying. The one that stood beside you, even on your death bed.
       That person was your mate, your one and only, specifically made for you by the moon goddess herself. Meant for each other in every way possible. To balance out each others' flaws.
      Your mate would love you unconditionally and irrevocably, without them, that hole in your chest would remain. You'd never feel complete. You'd always feel the hole that remained in the place of where they belonged.
      But life isn't fairytales and rainbows. It hits you like a ton of bricks, and eventually, you learn to stop dreaming.

         I banged my head against the steering wheel of my stolen car, trying to at least knock some sense into my wolf. Her nagging voice made me seriously contemplate jumping in front of a bus. She was upset with me because I ran from our old pack but in all honesty I didn't care. She'd get over it soon enough.

          Would you stop yelling at me. Its not like I had a choice in the matter.

           I could swear she rolled her eyes and I let out a low growl. I didn't like the idea either but I wasn't going to sit back and watch as my mate got it in with some power hungry slut. I didn't care if he was the alpha, to me he was just another asshole in the never ending list.
            Have you forgotten already that he rejected us? Or did that slip your mind as you were yelling and blaming me for everything? I yelled at her and she whimpered, going quiet in the back of my mind.
            I didn't like being hard on her but she needed to think straight and remember why we were in this mess in the first place. He didn't want us, at least not anymore. He wanted the power, no he craved the power that came with being an alpha. We were just pawns in his little game, to be used and thrown away. We were happy once, at least I thought we were. Becoming alpha had changed him, just as it had me.

           I was never going back there. I sighed and rested my head against the steering wheel. Refusing to let the tears slip through. Running was hard. I was running from the only thing I knew. My family were loyal to him. I was their daughter yet, I was thrown away too. I opened the door to the car and jogged across the street to the little diner that rested on the corner. Lesson 1 on being a runaway, don't get caught in a stolen car.
           I opened the door to the diner and a little bell dinged in my ears, causing me to jump a little. I shook my head and laughed slightly at my uneasiness. I took a deep breath and glanced around the room. There were very few people. A mom and her son sat in one corner, sharing a banana split. An old couple sat at the counter eating pie, and drinking their coffee.

           I chose a booth in the farthest corner, I could see the whole diner from here and I had a nice view out the window. Which was a necessity when you were running from your old pack and controlling ex. Just as I sat down a waitress walked over, her name tag read Lizzie. She had short blonde hair, with pink tips. She had a lip ring and bright blue eyes, but it was her smile that changed your opinion about her.
         Her smile was bright and full of life. Her eyes shone in happiness as she smiled at me. She placed a menu in front of me on the table and took out her notepad and pen.

        "Hello darlin, what can I get for you." I glanced down at the menu and my eyes zeroed in on the burger and fries. I only had spare change and I knew I couldn't afford it even if my mouth was watering. I gulped and set the menu back down. I cleared my throat before replying.  
         "I'll just have the coke if thats fine." Lizzie looked at me quizzically, studying me for a moment.
          "Are you sure love? Nothing else." I shook my head reluctantly, she nodded and wrote down my order, walking off to tend to another customer.