Two-Hades

I wrote this one xD

"Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!"

I try to filter out the sound. I don't like noise. I am backstage. A hand rolled cigarette smolders in my mouth, heating the make up, making if runny. The guitar tech hands me the Leviathan, a modified Jazzmaster. I check the tuning. Not bad. I pat him on the back. "What's your name, son?" I ask him. "Mike Prescott, sir." "Are you ready, mike?" "When you are, sir." I nod, strap the guitar around my chest and walk on stage. I don't look at the audience. That's Adrian's job. He banters with them and they banter back but most of their eyes are drawn to me.

The four other members of Unterwelt are already on stage. 

Adrian is adjusting the microphone and trying to keep the audience occupied. Owen is playing a few chords on the keyboard, just barely audible but heightening the mood.

Jimmy is slowly working his way into a steady groove on the drums, his hands flailing on to the myriad cymbals cluttered around him, his eyes closed.

They swoon. "Reading, are you ready to rock?" I say, sweeping my hair behind my ear. The cheer is loud and unified. "Then let's do it." We sing. We are one. The most powerful ritual I know. And I would know. Rituals are my bread and butter.

Please let us know in the comments if you liked this chapter!