PROLOGUE

"I'M SORRY TO INFORM YOU PRECIOUS, but your sister was given a lifespan of just two months because of the rapid spreading of the cancerous cells in her body. She has stage 4 Leukemia." Said Doctor Roswell, their family doctor. Her knees began trembling as she heard the news. She can't believe why all of the people, her sister has acquired this disease.

"Why does it have to be her? Why?" Doctor Roswell patted her back giving sympathies to her, trying to cheer her up to have hopes that Allyson will survive.

"But don't worry. Your sister is fighting it. I know she can overcome it. You know Allyson. She's a good fighter." 

"There is only one thing you can do. Just pray. Come close to God. He will answer your prayer." 

After saying those words, he left. Precious picked up her phone from the bedside table and started dialing the number of her boyfriend.

"Hello Rye? Where are you?" Her voice is trembling while talking to him over the phone.

"Hi babe. I'm here at work. Why? Any problem? W-wait. Are you crying?" Rye said on the other line. Precious was speechless. Her conscience was arguing. Half of it saying that she should not force Rye to fell in love with Allyson, her sister. Because Allyson is just using her condition to get Rye from her. And the other half was saying that she should not give way to her sister. she should sacrifice her happiness despite her condition.

"Rye, please go here. I'm at Maryknoll Hospital. My sister needs you. She didn't tell us that she has stage 4 Leukemia and she has barely two months to live." Then her tears suddenly burst. She ended the call so that Rye didn't hear her sobs. She came near to her sister lying on the bed with dextrose injected to her.

Allyson was sleeping peacefully. Her color was pale and her lips were pale, too. Precious can't even look to her sister who is in pain that her sister feels.

"I know you can do it. You're strong. You're a fighter, right? Please, hold on. We're waiting for you. And I promise that I will do everything just to make you happy. I'll sacrifice everything even my happiness." She's referring to Rye, her happiness. Precious held Allyson's hand and slowly touched her face and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

×××