Conclusion

The next day was the day Mycroft left. Sherlock did not wave his brother off. He did watch from his bedroom window on the second floor, but no one else knew.

"Are you sure you have everything you need, dear? Did you remember your toothbrush?" asked Mrs. Holmes, who was full of nervous energy.

"I have it, mummy, don't worry. I remembered everything. Ie been packed for several days. Don't worry so much," said Mycroft with a smile.

"I can't help it. It's your first time at a boarding school. If you have forgotten anything, don't hesitate to write for it and we'll mail it to you, " said Mrs. Holmes.

"Where's Sherlock?" asked Mycroft. "I didn't see him this morning at breakfast."

"He still hasn't come down from his room. I wish he would come to say goodbye. He won't be seeing you for the next few months," replied Mr. Holmes.

"I think that's why he won't come down," said Mycroft with a frown. He looked up towards Sherlock's window and saw Sherlock hastily move away. "He's watching us, though, from his window. He thinks he's rather sneaky. I wish he weren't so... I don't know. I'll miss him, though. I'll miss all of you. Now I have to go so I'm not late. Goodbye, mummy, Father."

Mycroft gave each of his parents a hug in turn, then turned towards Sherlock's window. Sherlock didn't move this time. He scowled at Mycroft. Mycroft lifted his hand in a wave and he turned away. Mycroft sighed once more, then left.

Sherlock didn't leave his room until he was positive Mycroft was gone.