"What if it is not good enough?" the brown eyed girl bit her lip, looking over at Lauren worriedly.

"I think with someone who cares as much as you do, she'll be just fine," Lauren laughed softly, reaching over and smoothing out Camila's hair.

"That is you, silly," Camila mumbled against Lauren's side, leaning her head against her shoulder. "She is lucky. Cause' of you, Lo."

"Cause' of both of us," Lauren nodded. She found Camila's hand and laced their fingers together. "She'll talk when she's ready, whenever that may be."

Luckily for both girls, they didn't have to wait much longer.

Everyone ended up going to bed early that night. Even Lauren. She and Camila were bundled up under the covers in their bedroom, legs entwined and fingers laced together.

For some reason, sleep came easily for Lauren that night. Which is why she wasn't awoken by the storm that made its way through the night, lighting up the house with the occasional flicker of lightning.

A tug on Lauren's sleeve brought her out of her slumber, and the green eyed girl groggily brought her hands up to wipe her eyes. She turned to look at Camila to see what she had wanted, but grew confused when she found her wife was still fast asleep.

Something else that caught her attention, though, was a small voice that pierced the peaceful silence.

"Mommy?"

"Wha...?" Lauren mumbled, turning her head to look in the direction of the voice. Lighting flickered through the window, lighting the room for just a moment, and allowing Lauren to see the outline of the little girl standing timidly beside the bed, clutching a stuffed dog against her chest with small hands.

Lauren's face immediately froze when Presley's words registered with her. Upon seeing Lauren's reaction, the smaller girl realized what she had said, and her eyes widened in fear.

"I, uh," Lauren stammered over her words, unsure of what to do. Biting her lip, she turned over and grabbed Camila's shoulder to shake her awake.

"Camz," she whispered. There was enough concern in her voice to cause her wife to practically shoot up out of bed, looking at Lauren in confusion as she wiped her tired eyes.

"What?" her wife whispered, looking at Lauren worriedly. The green eyed girl nodded behind her, directing Camila's attention to the smaller girl standing at the edge of the bed, bottom lip quivering.

"She spoke," Lauren whispered between gritted teeth, keeping her voice almost silent. "She called me mommy."

"I'm sorry," the smaller girl at the end of the bed whimpered, becoming aware of what she had said and shaking her head timidly.

"No," Camila quickly shook her head, crawling to the edge of the bed and holding out her hands towards the smaller girl. "Do not be sorry," she said softly. "What is wrong?"

"I-I don't like storms," Presley's tiny voice filled the air, taking both Lauren and Camila by surprise. "I wanna g-go home," her voice cracked slightly and she hugged Sunny tighter against her chest.

Lauren and Camila both exchanged glances. On one hand, they were both relieved that the smaller girl had finally spoken to them. But on the other hand, they were both now faced with another problem. One that they both weren't quite sure how to handle.

"C'mere," Lauren whispered, sitting up and patting the space beside her. Hesitantly, the tiny child crawled up on the bed and sat in the space between Camila and Lauren. Camila immediately pulled Presley into her lap, holding onto the small child protectively.