Chapter 1

I can't be feeling this way. This isn't right according to everyone else on Earth. But no matter how hard I tell myself that I can't be feeling this way it's just too difficult to resist her. Everything she does, the way she smiles, the way she walks, the way she looks at me when we talk, everything about her is just perfect. I'm falling in love with her. The sad thing is I know she would never feel the same way, I mean she probably thinks about boys all day not some girl she met in Math class.

I sigh, looking up at the ceiling and shaking my head. "Get it together, Sam." I tell myself - that's the thing I say all the time whenever I get myself into a stupid situation. First, it was that one time when I thought it was a good idea to put an angry cat into water. Then secondly, that time when I decided to masturbate with headphones on. Basically it's me forgetting that the music is only in my ears and thinking that it would drown out my screams. That was an awkward day for my parents. The fact that both things happened in one day shows just how useless I am. Except now, this whole Megan thing adds onto a list of VERY stupid things that I've ever done.

Megan is this girl from my school, she's basically a goddess. All the guys want her, all the girls want to be her and then there's me with a giant vagina boner every time I see her. For three years, she's never noticed me until this year when she was seated beside me in 12th grade Pre-Calculus. I mean, I didn't like her until this year but not like I haven't noticed her with her perfect body and her perfect hair and just her perfect little being. Oh god, I think I'm obsessed. But seriously, if you ever see her you'll probably fall in love too.

I get up heading for the bathroom. On the way there I trip on a cat, hit my knee on my bed frame and land on a half-eaten sandwich. I'm very unlucky. This happens almost every single day so get used to reading about it. Anyways, I get back up and get ready for the school day. Lately, I've been trying to clean myself up extra since I've been trying to impress Megan. I don't think it's working but whatever, I smell nice like strawberries.

*

No one in this school knows I like girls. Or at least I don't think they do, but what if they do know and I'm just actually so bad at pretending I don't. What if they actually catch all the times that I check out other girls' butts? Oh my god. Get it together, Sam. Anyways, no one knows. I'm not really the type of person that people really care about in this school. I kind of just scrape by. I have no good or bad reputation, I do my work and I get out, that's my plan. The downside to this whole plan is that no one ever cares to get all that close to me, no one's ever invited me to a party, no one's ever dated me, and no one's just ever known me. I've just kept everything to myself. I don't really care too much about it, well I do, but I still have plenty of time in my life to go to parties and date. If people knew about me liking girls, this whole plan would be ruined. People would notice. People would definitely notice. But would that really be a bad thing?

I walk to my locker and there is Jennifer, my best friend, who I guess knows most things about me but not about liking girls. She waves at me and I wave back.

"Can we compare notes? I need to have a look at your notes before we go into this test!" Jennifer freaks out at me. She does this every time we have a test, and to me since apparently I'm the "smart kid" in the class.

Jennifer is the kind of person you want to have as a best friend. She just has such a good heart and she listens. I really liked her before and probably would have dated her if she wasn't so straight. Those days are long gone now though. Anyways, she knows a lot about me and she probably would be the first person I tell about my liking girls. I might even tell her soon since I just can't shake the fact that this isn't just a phase. She's honestly just this beautiful human being, this really tall and blonde human being!

"Yes, sure you may see my notes!" I tell her as I open my binder of wonders.

"Wow, thank you so much!" says Jennifer as her eyes open wide at all the answers on my papers.

"So like, Jen... I need to talk to you about something after school."

"Just tell me now."

"I don't think I'd be comfortable telling you right now though."

"Oh my god, are you going to confess your love for me?"

"Oh god, no do you think that I'm in love with you?!?"

"I'm just kidding, calm down!" says Jennifer, laughing.

I exhale in relief. For a second there I thought she knew. If she knew then everyone probably knew. This whole thing is just a mess; I can't wait for the day to be over so I could just tell Jennifer and get it over with.

*

The day is going by pretty fast because next think you know I'm already in Pre-Cal 12 with Megan. She was sitting on my right looking fabulous. She was wearing these high shorts showing off her legs, a black top that fit just right and white converse shoes. Her hair was messy, but a sexy kind of messy. She just seemed to clean up so effortlessly but manages to look so perfect.

Megan almost catches me looking at her. I look away at my work and she calls me. "Sam!" she whispers.

I pretend not to hear the first time to play a little harder to get. The second time she calls out I look at her pretending to look surprised. I say, "Yeah?"

"You look nice today." She smiles at me.

"I do?" my voice in a higher pitch than usual. "I-I-I do?" I repeat, lower this time.

"Yeah, you look great everyday but just something about today that makes you look nicer."

"Are you insulting me or complimenting me?" I whisper back, actually dying in the inside that she basically said I was sexy.

"Complimenting!" she says a little too loudly.

"Hey you two, shut up!" says Mr. Rimbauld, our teacher.

"Sorry, sir!" we both say to him.

The bell rings and I get up heading for the door but a hand yanks me back. It was Megan.

"Walk me to my locker." Megan demands.

"Yeah, sure" I say, "This is unexpected."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean you usually have George walk you."

"Do you keep tabs on who I ask to walk me to my locker?"

"N-no, I just noticed that's all!"

"I'm just kidding, Sam," she says, putting on her backpack. "Just walk me, I have something for you."

At the locker, Megan hands me an invitation. She explains that it's her 17th birthday party on October 30th and she really wants me to go. So of course, the really excited lesbian inside of me accepts the invitation no questions asked. I didn't think that Megan, of all people, would ever invite me to a party. To her party!