College Life

EDITED!

********************

"Cause the walls start shaking

The earth was quaking

My mind was aching

And we were making it and you -

Shook me all night long

Yeah you shook me all night long "

I sang along with the radio on my white wooden nightstand next to my queen sized bed,with light blue sheets. I grabbed my curling iron and sang into it like a microphone,dancing around,pretending to be on a stage.My long dark hair looked crazy after my signature air guitar solo moves,my big grey sweater was falling off my left

shoulder,making my red Stanford shorts barley noticeable.

As the song ended,I heard a light giggle behind me. My cheeks grew hot and I knew I must have been as red as a cherry. Slowly I turned around,the curling iron still held up to my face as if I wasn't done singing.

"J.C,you have got to be the weirdest girl I've ever known!" I rolled my eyes and threw my curling iron on my bed.

"Whatever,Jess! That's why I'm your bestfriend!" I replied with a smug look. She just laughed and nodded her head in agreement-cause' she knows I'm right.

"So,I've got some great news!" My attention switched from my Mac laptop to her.

"You better not be pregnant.." I grimaced at the thought.

"With twins!" She screamed with excitement. My jaw practically dropped on the floor,she better be kidding!

"Gotcha! You-should have-seen-the look-on-your-face!" She claimed in between fits of laughter.

"Not funny!" I said throwing my pillow at her face.

After Jess' little laughing session,she plopped down next to me on my bed. "I'm moving in with Sam."

It's like this girl was trying to give me a heart attack today.

"WHAT?! Are you serious?!" I scolded. A little protective,but come on,Jess and I have been bestfriends since I stole her applesauce in 3rd grade.

"Jay,I really think he's the one. I just-I don't know! I have this feeling that this is suppose to happen. It feels like destiny." Jess defended.

Destiny? Was she serious? But I couldn't really argue with her,it really did seem like Jess and Sam were made for each other. I've never seen her so happy with someone,since her first boyfriend in middle school,she was completely smitten over the boy. I chuckled at the memory,gave her a small smile and sighed dramatically loud.

"Who am I to get in the way of true love?" I said trying to fake a French accent. Jess and I,both looked at each other and exploded into laughter.

Maybe this really was Destiny.

1 year later

"Sam,stop being such a wuss! Do it!" I whined,before taking a drink of my Dr.Pepper. Sam and I, had class in an hour together while Jess was at the library studying for her mid-term.

Sam took a deep breath,his eyes fixed on the little black box sitting on the table in front of us.

"What if she says no,J.C? I'd be crushed.." Sam tried to put out there. She didn't even know he was going to purpose and he was already acting like she rejected him. Oh,Sammy,you were definitely a girl in the past life.

"Listen here,Sammy! Jess loves you and I'm sure she'd love nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with you!" I retorted. A small smile spread across Sam's face,it must have been contagious because next thing I knew my face had a huge smile,as well.