Every Kiss Begins With...the Press?

I take a look at some e-mails to keep myself busy until the news press arrives. Yes, you've heard correct. The press. I don't know how I've gotten myself into this either.

Berta is currently staring her phone down. Waiting for the call. I bet she's been waiting for this. I sigh and look out the window. And suddenly I see all the people with cameras and microphones. At that, Berta's phone vibrates. Which she quickly fumbles to answer.

"Hello? Yes, this is she. Okay, we'll be right down. Mhm, okay thank you."

As soon as Berta hangs up she starts squealing.

"OMG! THEY'RE HERE. THEY'RE HERE." Berta says screaming. "...omg, they're here." she says suddenly serious.

"No! We're doing this. No back ups. I hate that and you know it."

Berta gulps and nods at me. We make our way outside to which we meet Max. Oops. He's talking with the reciptionist and security gaurds. Not talking, more shouting. My bad.

"Who made the call?" he asks them but everyone only looks at each other. "Is someone going to answer? Otherwise, you're all fired!"

At that I approach Max rapidly and slide my arm through his. Linking us together.

"No need for that babe." I tell a confused Max. I lean over to plant a kiss on his cheek and then neck. ", just go with it." I whisper to him.

Max clears his throat and looks at me reproachfully.

"Not now honey." he says simply. At which I stifle a laugh. He narrows his eyes at me so I get serious again.
" Excuse us." he tells the workers.

He takes out his arm and instead slips his hand into mine.

"What are you doing?" he whisper yells. And so instead I change the subject. Something I'm actually very good at by the way.

"No time for that. We need to go explain our relationship to the press." I say smiling but then Max never changes his expression so I stop.

" Then you'll have to go out there on your own." he says seriously.

"Oh no. You're coming."

And so here we are. Max and I. Standing in back of a podium. Cameras flashing. Reporters yelling questions. Max waiting with a serious face. And me trying to put my thoughts together. After a few seconds I finally begin my speech.

"I have gathered you all here today to announce a new relationship in Sixth Avenue. Matthew and I are in a relaitonship. I figured it was only right to tell the the public. They deserve it. After the election Max and I grew fonder of each other day after day. I hope the town will understand. We are in love...[at this moment Camille looked at Max and smiled. The way a lover would to another] That will be all for today, thank you."

With that I turned around to return inside the doors of the town hall. As soon as I heard the doors I began to panick. I started to make my way, heart beating fast, to my office. But suddenly a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

I looked up to see Max's face. Looking down at me. Or my lips to be exact. I was about to say something but then he placed his lips on mine. Soft lips. And then he kissed me again. Moving his lips against mine. Which were not moving. Once again I pushed firmly against his chest.

But then I saw his confused eyes. And I only wished I had kissed him back. Because at that exact moment I wanted to kiss him. But Berta's big mouth interrupted our moment.

"CAMILLE! THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD PERFORMANCE! I almost believed it myself."

I turned around to look at a distracted Berta on her phone. Berta looked up and innocently smiled. Berta looked at Max and then me.

"Oh Matty! Wasn't she awesome? She should win an Emmy's! Sorry we didn't tell you but it had to be believable."

And when no one said nothing, Berta knew she had messed up. Berta was about to open her mouth again, eyes wide. However Max intervened this time.

"Yeah Camille was fantastic. I don't even know what to believe anymore. [ at that Camille turned around to explain. To tell him she wanted him too. It all made sense.] I'll let you two alone. I have things to do."

Max said never looking at Camille. Only at Berta. With that he made his way back to the top floor. Where his office lay.

Leaving Camille completely stunned. Much like the reporters outside.