Convincing Him: Day 1

Michael's POV

I feel bad for snapping at Brandon yesterday. I also feel bad for leading him on. I've realized I'm not gay. I have to show Lilly that men and women are suppose to be together. She doesn't seem confused about what Brandon told her. She actually seems quite fine about the whole thing. She hasn't asked a single question.

I wonder why? I'm in the car cave. I told Zack to get me some more rags. The grease makes my hands slippery. I look at the side to see the engine. Damn. The engine is totally destroyed. How the hell did he do this?

I wipe my hands on my dark jeans. I have on a white sleeveless shirt. I go to the elevator and press lobby. Once the door open I walk out into the lobby and through the double glass doors. I'm going to have to get a engine.

Before I start walking, I hear,

"Hey! Michael!"

I turn. Crap. It's Brandon. I don't hate him, but things are so weird right now. I say,

"Hi, Mr. Clifford. "

He smiles and says, "Where you off too?"

"I need to go get an engine."

He nods. "Mind if I join you?"

I can't say no. He's my boss.

"Not at all."

He smiles. We begin walking. The silence is awkward. He says,

"So, how's it going with my four wheeler?"

"Well you destroyed the engine, that's why I need one. Um, the wheels need air but they're fine. No real damage. It'll need a new body-"

He interrupts and says sarcastically, "Thanks for the compliment, Michael."

I quickly say, "No, not your body. Yours is perfect. I'm talking about the four wheeler's body. It has some dents and I'll need to get them out. It'll need a new rack as well."

"First my body, now my rack!"

I can't help but start laughing. He laughs too. He says,

"You know, you just said my body is perfect. "

I stop smiling. I did! Crap. I don't say a word. He says,

"Oh, calm down, Michael. It's no big deal."

I still don't say anything. When I turn down the street to Little Timmy's Auto Shop, Brandon asks,

"Where are you going? "

"I'm going to Little Timmy's. Why?"

He shakes his head, "No way, Michael. We're going to Freeman's Auto Shop. I want to see the look on their faces when you buy every engine in there."

I look at him funny. "I don't need every engine. I just need one four wheeler engine. "

"Yeah, but I want to show out on them."

I smile and laugh. I say, "If that's what you want, then okay."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I can't believe he had me buy every single engine in that place. They thought it was a joke at first. I wonder where he's going to put all those engines? I guess I can replace all the old engines from the other cars.

I'm back in the car cave replacing the engine of the four wheeler. I haven't seen Zack since I told him to get the rags. Where the hell is he? I need help.

I hear the elevator doors open. I say,

"Zack, where the hell have you been?"

I turn and see its Brandon. I say,

"I'm sorry, sir."

He smiles and says, "It's fine. I gave Zack the rest of the day off. I want to learn a little something about cars. So, I'm here to help."

I say, "Well, I don't want you to get hurt, Mr. Clifford. "

He takes his suit jacket off and puts it on one of the cars. He rolls up his sleeves and says,

"Don't worry about me, Michael. I'm here if you need anything. "

I ask, "Did you get the rags?"

He shakes his head. "No, but, " he pulls a handkerchief from his coat pocket, "I have this."

"That looks expensive, I don't want to mess it up."

"Oh, please, Michael. This is very cheap."

I laugh. He smiles at me. I feel warm inside. I quickly look away and down at the engine. No Michael...

I hear his footsteps walking toward me. His hand and the handkerchief come into view.

"Take it."

I slowly reach for it. Slightly brushing his fingertips as I take a hold of it. He walks away. I wipe my hands on it and wipe off the grease from the tool I'm using.

Brandon asks,

"Is there anything I should be doing? "

I shake my head. "Not right now."

"Well, in that case..."

I feel him standing next to me. I shift my body away from his slightly. He says,

"So, what are you doing? "

"I'm taking this engine out, but I have to remove the piston and the bearings. The piston is stuck though. That's why I needed the rags."

He leans over and ask,

"Want me to help?"

I clench my jaw to keep from smiling. I say,

"No sir. I can handle this."

He stands up straight and crosses his arms. He's silent for about twenty minutes, when he says,

"I have an important request from you. Hopefully you won't quit. We both know you need this job. For Lilly...."

I look at him. I'm a bit nervous about his request. I say,

"Um...sir, I can't say I'm not a little scared about your request, but I'll try my best to do it."

He smirks and says, "From now on, you are to refer to me as daddy. "

My eyes widen. I stand up and say,

"I...I...what?"

"I am daddy to you. Not Brandon, not Mr. Clifford, but daddy."

I need this job. I can't quit. No one else will pay me this much. I could barely care for Lilly when I was working at Freeman's Auto Shop, but here, I can care for her and ten other children. I can do this Michael. It's not like he's asking me to do anything to him.

"Is that understood, Michael? "

"Yes....da..daddy.. "

He smiles and says, "You may continue. "

I sit back down on the ground and continue to work on the engine. I stop and look at Brandon.

"Do I call you that with other people around? "

He didn't answer me. He's acting like he can't hear me. Damn him!

"Daddy..."

He looks at me and says, "Yes, Michael? "

"Do I call you that with other people around? "

He thinks about it, then says,

"Yes. If I say no, it'll seem that I'm doing this for my own pleasure. Which isn't true. So, yes, you have to call me that in public. "

Damn it!

"Well, I guess we won't be seen in public... Daddy."

He smiles and says, "Guess not."