Chapter 2: Locked in the Closet with Harry Styles

Start from the beginning

“Yeah,” I called out, “Open the door.”

I shouldn’t be surprised by what she said next, but I blushed anyways. “I don’t know. Isn’t it against the rules to stop before the seven minute mark?”

“Dakota Ann!” I screeched, “Open the door now!”

Laughter was heard as she opened it, hiding halfway behind it. Dakota waved at the boy who was right behind me, “Hello, Pretty Boy.”

“What?” Harry asked, taken aback by the nickname.

Dakota slapped her forehead, “Shoot, sorry. I forget your name is Harry.”

I gave Dakota that ‘WTF’ look. She shrugged. I knew where she was coming from though. We were one of those girls who didn’t make it obvious to the public – minus the little fake act we pulled earlier – that we were Directioners. It was our own little thing and not even some of our friends know about it. We went by code names too. Harry being Pretty Boy, and funny enough, Louis being Potato Boy, a nickname Dakota sort of stuck on me.

We were in the elevator, riding up when Harry asked, “How’s Lou? Is he okay?”

Dakota answered in my place, nodding, “He’s got a pretty bad sprain and some scratches on his leg, but he’s fine… Oh, did I ever mention how much of a whiner he is? Sheesh.”

I saw Harry smile, despite the situation. “Thanks, you two. You two are pretty cool considering.”

Dakota and I flashed each other a smile. A compliment! Sweet. The door opened and we stepped out. Dakota lagged behind some, pulling her phone out to check it. “Shoot… Kariann?”

“Yeah?”

“When is Dad supposed to be back?”

I thought for a moment, “Didn’t he say the thing ended at two?”

“It’s two-forty.”

My eyes widened. He’d be back by then… so that meant. “Shit…”

But before we could even confirm by just calling, our suspicions of getting back and seeing Lou before was correct. His yelling was heard from the hallway, “Who the hell are you and what the f*ck are you doing in my daughter’s room!?”

Dakota and I ran into the room right then, where the door was already cracked open. We stopped right at the entrance, seeing the scene before. Cecil, Dakota’s father, had Louis on his feet, no, on the tip of his toes practically, holding him up by the collar with Cecil’s holding onto his clothes. Louis’s face was etched in pain, sweat pouring down his face from it. The both of us saw it, the fist being raised in the air that was going to hit Lou on the face.

“Stop-“ Dakota and I screamed, running over.

I grabbed Cecil’s arm that was about to punch Louis. Dakota forced her way between the two guys, making her dad let go Louis, who fell back onto the couch with a grunt and grasping his leg. “What is wrong with you!?” Dakota screamed, voice cracking some.

“Why the hell is there a man in your room?” Cecil asked, voice very loud and demanding, pointing at Louis.

“What’s going on?” Harry’s voice was heard and I saw him step into the room.

Cecil’s eyes widened in shock, “What in the hell is going on here!?”

I kept a firm hold on his arm. He was ready to pounce on somebody and I knew he could if he wanted to, but he would have to take me down first if he wanted to reach the other two boys, “Dad, calm down. We can explain.” Dakota said.