What Have You Done? {Netherlands}

What Have You Done? {Netherlands x Reader}

"Why, why does fate make us suffer?"

Note: This story takes place during the Dutch Revolt. Also, it's a songfic to 'What Have You Done' by the Dutch band, Within Temptation. Enjoy ; v ;

His body pressed to yours, his hands roamed over your skin; his mouth was territorially placed to your throat and with each touch, a more intoxicating desire overwhelmed your entire being. "Netherlands..." You breathed out, just as he pushed you against the wall.

The storage room was nearly pitch-black, especially with its absence of windows. The air felt thick, musky, and a thin coat of sweat covered both your skin and his. You were both breathing heavily, hearts racing. He was burning with passion and you were drowning in greed, yearning for more and more of his tantalizing touch.

This shouldn't be happening.

You knew this wasn't meant to be.

And yet, you gripped his collar and tugged him closer to you, forcing your lips into yet another deep kiss with his. He complied and you ran your hands through his messy blonde locks.

You shouldn't be doing this.

He was on the opposing side.

This was war, and he was the enemy.

The personification of Netherlands, to be exact.

He was trying to break free from Spain's control—as were the other Protestant nations. You'd been working as a maid in Spain's mansion during the time Netherlands, Belgium, and South Italy were residing there.

You and Netherlands had immediately struck a chemistry upon first meeting. The longing for, the craving for each other took off one day into something more.

You weren't sure if he was serious about you. Most days you felt like nothing more than a convenient girl for him, but right now all that mattered was how he made your body feel. "Mmm..."

"_____..." He murmured your name against your lips, his lower teeth grazing your mouth. "I need you..." He gently bit your bottom lip, pulling in a way that stimulated your senses.

The voice that said you weren't supposed to be doing this kept nagging at the back of your mind. He'd already started a rebellion for his independence. You were on Spain's side, and Netherlands was supposed to be your nemesis.

Finally, despite all the pleasure he was gracing your body with, you managed to tell him: "Y-You have to leave... if anyone sees you here, you'll be taken prisoner..."

"You won't let them hurt me."

You pulled your lips away from his and clenched your teeth, affronted. "You shouldn't talk that way," You didn't like his arrogance. Perhaps his republic's quick rise to a world power had turned him egotistical. He clearly wasn't serious about you and you weren't going to be his pet any longer—especially not during the middle of war. "Netherlands, you have to leave. Now."

He stared at you, somber. "Don't be like this, _____."

"You need to go back."

He averted his eyes, "I told you that I needed you..."

You looked away from the charm. "You should have told me about this before you started fighting with Señor Spain."

His hands curled into fists at his sides. "...I can't stop fighting Spain. I'm going to win this, _____."