(XVII) Till Death Do Us Part (E)

Começar do início

Luke felt a sharp object piercing his rib cage for a second. He laughed away Calum's words. "You're having a laugh, right?"

Calum bit his lip and shook his head. "My plane leaves tomorrow," the brunette said. He wouldn't look into Luke's eyes for a second.

"You can't leave. Calum!" Luke sat up on his knees and positioned himself in between Calum's legs, sitting back and pulling Calum over him, making him sit on his lap. He took hold of Calum's cheeks. "Cal. C'mon. Don't leave yet."

"Would have happened sooner or later. Summer's over next week, college starts the week after. You knew this wasn't gonna last forever."

I hoped it would.

"Well, that's two bloody weeks. Why are you leaving now?" Luke's heart beat picked up a harsh rhythm. He knew he was being irrational.

"Because I'm dragging you along. Michael made me realize that-"

"Well fuck him!" Luke cursed his best mate, an anger boiling inside of him. It wasn't Michael's place to intervene.

"Luke," Calum cupped Luke's cheeks as well. "He's right: I'm not good for you, not like I am right now."

"Bullshit," Luke groaned. He abstracted himself from Calum's touch, rolling off the bed and walking towards the window. "This is about me. You're scared of what we could be and so you're gonna run!" Luke crossed his arms, staring into the far ocean.

"Truth is, I'm not running. I've made a decision actually," Cal said from behind Luke. He gathered up a blanket and put it on like a coat, so he wouldn't be completely naked. "Before I go mad, I'm gonna take some time to myself. And next summer, we can meet right here, new people." 

When Luke turned around, there were tears in his eyes. He didn't know why he was crying, because this was bound to happen sooner or later. You know when you're a kid, and someone takes your most priced toy? That's how Luke felt. The blonde sat on the window seal, looking at Calum in the eyes. He wasn't buying one bit of his shit. "Liar. You won't come back. Why would you?" He rolled his eyes. And even if Calum came back, Luke still doubted his willingness to overcome his current personality.

Calum walked closer to Luke, keeping himself guarded under the white sheets. He leaned in and gave him a chaste kiss, then pulling back slowly. Luke felt tempted to rip the blankets off and unfold Calum's naked frame. "I promise, okay? And I never promise," Calum said.

"Then why do you have to leave at all?" Luke cried out with a stressed tone. He wiped away his stray tears. "We could stay here, you know? You're always saying how you hate Perth and I don't want to go back to Syd-"

"I have some things to settle back home. You have your studies. After that's over, we always have Jhenis you know?"

"A year is too long," Luke complained. He couldn't wait that long.

"If you love me, you'll wait ten months."

Luke sulked. Every sense of his mind told him not to trust Calum, but his heart said otherwise. "I'll wait an eternity. I really fucking love you." He wanted to cry because he felt like a slave to his feelings. "Really, really fucking love you."

Cal let go of the blanket, letting it drop to his feet. "Show me than." His entire body became exposed before Luke's eyes. Luke adored the way the afternoon light shun on Calum's skin. He loved how toned every part of Calum looked. He loved the perfectly golden skin, the baby-like softness of his touch, the way his hips curved perfectly. The tattoos on the tanned boy.

Calum's body was warm from the bed. When Calum approached him, Luke ran his thumb over his nipple, making the skin recoil from the coldness of his touch, the nipple becoming hard. He slid his hand down Calum's waist, reaching for his bum and pulling him even closer.