The game started off perfectly, the Knicks were ahead by 3, while the Pacers had a solid 1. Lucas thought he had lucked out, and would be taking a happy Riley home, but that was until halftime was over. As Riley and Lucas settled back into their seats after both leaving for the restroom, Riley had pointed out that something felt off about the Knicks; but Lucas just brushed it off and told her it was nothing, at least it was nothing until the Pacers were crushing the Knicks.

"Are you kidding me!?" Riley shouted again, standing up out of her seat with almost every other Knicks fan. Even the game was stressing Lucas out, so he joined Riley in yelling at the ref for calling out an unnecessary foul on another player.

It seemed as if every fan was standing now, outraged over every little thing that was happening. Eventually, Lucas gave up, sitting back down in his seat with a sigh, taking a sip of his water.

"Lucas what are you doing?" Riley asked, furrowing her eyebrows; down at Lucas.

Lucas raised his, his eyes meeting hers. "I'm sitting?"

Annoyed, Riley rolled her eyes and went back to focusing on the game.

"Is there a problem with that?" Lucas asked, placing his water bottle back into the cup holder.

"No." Riley answered back, pursing her lips together as her eyes continued to follow the players.

Lucas let out a sigh and pushed himself out of his chair, placing his body right next to hers. "You want me to rant with you, is that right?" He asks, shoving his hands in his pockets with a smirk.

Riley's eyes continued to avert his, watching the ball dribble up and down the court. "Maybe." She quietly speaks, biting the inside of her cheek to keep a small smile from appearing.

"I don't know." Lucas responds with a teasing tone dripping from his voice. His eyes catch the slight movement from Riley's head, wanting to turn towards him, but stops herself before she does. "It's better to see you angry."

This comment get's Riley to turn her head even more, her squinted eyes staring into his with a look of being unamused.

Lucas throws his hands up in the air, the back of them hitting his shoulders. "Alright! I won't sit down."

For the rest of the quarter Lucas stood next to Riley, his knees growing sore as every minute passed. But instead of yelling at the referee or the players, Lucas decided to watch Riley do all of the action. The last time he had seen her like this, was back in eighth grade when he had first found out she was a huge basketball fan. Scratch that, huge Knicks fan.

In the next minute, a player on the Knicks had gotten hurt.

"WHAT!?" Riley shouted, her legs pushing up against the seat before her. "This is horrible!" She groaned, placing her hands on the top of her head.

Her eyes met the scoreboard to her right, causing anger to fill her body as she began to shake her head.

"This is bullshit." She muttered under her breath as she aggressively sat herself down in her chair.

Lucas looked behind him at the frustrated girl that sat at the back of his knees, her face flustered as she continued to watch.

"Riley, it's okay." Lucas spoke reassuringly as he sat down next to Riley, taking her hand in his. "Hey, at least you had fun." Lucas said once more with a smile. But it quickly faded the instant Riley gifted him a glare.

"Alright, nevermind."

•••

"That was completely ridiculous!" Riley harshly whispered as she fiddled with the keys, trying to find the right one to open the door.