Chapter 11

LOAINE'S P.O.V

Tonight's dinner was on top of the world. It was amazing. The guys were so caring to us. Toby himself, he's a gem. I should admit that he really was the boyfriend material. We occupied a big table in a fancy restaurant downtown, with high risk of being caught by random fans or press, which made me have to be in my ready position. However I didn't feel like I should pose or anything. It was effortlessly natural. Toby didn't have to call me 'babe' like the brothers to their girlfriends, but everything still felt real.

Damn. I started to imagine if this was real.

We went to different directions after the dinner because each of them had to make sure the girls were home and safe. That's what three different cars were meant for. Toby took me, obviously. We managed to grab something from Starbucks on our way home, and made a stop at a pizza store to bring Mom some food. He knew I always felt terrible for having a proper meal while I didn't know whether or not Mom has had her dinner.

"Mom?" I unlocked the front door carefully, worried of waking her up if she's asleep.

"Loaine? Come in, sweetheart."

"Oh, haven't you slept?" I walked in with Toby followed from behind.

"Almost." She giggled. "Hey boy."

"Hi Mom. I bring pizza. Wanna share?" Toby brought the giant box to the kitchen table.

I laughed my lungs out because did you heard what he just said - 'share'? Should I remind you how much he has eaten back at the restaurant? A single platter of cheeseburgers, fries and coleslaw salad with addition of wrapping mine up? Wasn't that full enough? Well, apparently not for my fake boyfriend.

"What? What's funny?" He took a slice of it. "Want some?"

"No, nope I'm full." I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you be too?"

"I have just driven long enough all day long, here and there, and this pizza calls for my attention." He spoke with a mouth full of everything.

"Okay, suit yourself. I'm gonna change." I rolled my eyes and ran to my room.

Spent fifteen minutes locking myself in the bathroom, the walls were thin enough for me to hear their giggles. Honestly, I cried so hard under the shower. I came to a conclusion that this situation was a mess. It's only been three days. But I was scared enough already of having this unnecessary and unwanted feeling along the way. This should've been a contract, an extended working project. But the way emotional moments attached to our daily basis, the way he interacted with Mom and made himself a very good son that she's never had, it was different. He gave Mom happiness that I couldn't even give. On top of it, there's little part of me that didn't want him to leave.

Torn.

"Hey it's pretty long for a change." He winked.

"Because by change I meant shower." I sat on the couch next to Mom. "How's the pizza doing?"

"Oh we clean it up like a morning mess." Mom laughed happily.

"My goodness! No way! I was in there for like two minutes for a quick shower, and you guys have done eating the whole slices?" I gasped. Serious monsters were in the house.

"Yes." Toby said happily.

"No leftovers?"

"Why should there be?" Mom high-fived Toby like a squad.

"For real." I sighed deeply. "You are having major eating trouble, Sir. I've never seen a person eats so much in a day. And Mom, you really were hungry, huh?"