The Essential Bride (10)

Comincia dall'inizio

I shook my head and smiled widely at him. That creepy Leon guy was not going to ruin every guy for me. He was not going to kidnap me, he wasn't going to do anything. He has no power over me and I am going be fine.

"Well Zackary, if it means anything; I think you're the cuter of the two." My smile turned sly as I pulled my hand away to grab the drink he had gotten me.        

"I could say the same thing to you." I threw my head back and laughed.

"Did you see my beautiful best friend? She is naturally platinum blonde and a size four, I'm sorry but your friend got the better girl tonight." I laughed at him, but without warning he grabbed my hand and pulled me up with him, abandoning our drinks and bar stools, we took off to the dance floor.

"Let me show you how wrong you are, there is definitely something special about you." He pulled me into his arms, and even though the music around us was upbeat, thrumming through my wildly, Zackary slowly swayed me. I laughed at him. "Would you like to waltz my dear?" He spoke intimately in my ear, and without warning I was swallowed up by electricity.           

Leon must be watching me, and before I could accept or decline Zackary's offer, he was twirling me around.

Leon was watching me the though, the tingles danced through my spine, making it obvious Leon must be less than impressed.

"I don't know how to." I laughed, trying to stay interested in Zackary as I searched the club for Leon. Zackary was moving me too quickly to really survey the place correctly, but I finally had a sign Leon was here, and I didn't want to lose that.

"You're doing fine." He yelled, gripping my waist tightly, and with his other hand he grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him. There was a joyful spark in his eyes as he guided me around the dance floor, ignoring all the looks we must be getting and bumping into people.

A few songs passed, and the entire time we waltzed, or as close as I could get to successfully waltzing. Not once did he grip me a little too tightly, grab anywhere I could have justified slapping him for, but the tingles that were still there, still shoot up my arms and warming my torso.

When the next song started, and Zackary was showing no signs of slowly down I pulled away from him. "I have to use the ladies room, meet me back at the bar." I instructed, and he nodded encouragingly. Zackary didn't have to know that while trying to get into the girls bathroom I would be staking out the place for Leon.

The hall that led towards the girl's bathroom was long, and the line was even longer. I didn't mind though because it was giving me plenty of time to scope out the room. Leon had to be here, he was the only crazy people that gave me the chills like he does. He needed to know he couldn't control me, he did not own me and if he continued to turn into a crazy stalker, like showing up in my room unannounced I would find some of the guys from the club I considered regulars to beat him up for me.

I sighed out loud. There was no getting away from Leon, I had a feeling he could take anyone I sent after him and I hated it. I didn't know how, but there was no denying the fact there was something ...mythical about him. He brought Stephanie back from the dead, he made people forget. That much I can't deny, maybe he could have messed around with Stephanie, and made it seem like she was dead but that whole thought reform thing was unnerving and undeniable.

The ladies room line went faster than expected, and when I got into the bathroom I was overwhelmed by the bright lights and cleanliness of it. I was expecting cement painted black walls and floor, but instead got such a florescent bright white, I debated walking out of the packed bathroom, it was crazy in there.

I sat on the seemingly clean toilet for longer than needed. I didn't want to continue hanging out with Zack. He was a nice guy, but I was starting to regret my decision of coming here. What was I going to do if Leon decided at this very second he was going to take me? I would never get a chance to say goodbye to my Mother, Stephanie would be stuck here alone... What was I going to do when he decided to take me, be it now or a month from now? I couldn't stop him.   

After a deep thought that lasted for too long, I decided it was time to call it quits and head home. I was just bumming myself out, and the stress and mystery of everything was eating me alive. The feeling of Leon being near me had vanished and I didn't know if that was a good thing (because I was currently in the girls wash room) but it was gone. The whole purpose of this night was ruined. It was all in my head, he wasn't here.

As I exited the stall to wash my hands I was stunned by how empty it was. How had I not noticed this place clear out? It was far from silent, the techno beat was practically beating down the door, but other than that I was the only one in this bathroom. It was unnerving. I walked to the sink and started washing my hands, trying to focus more on the water in my hands than the lack of life around me.

As I looked up, into the mirror I gasped. I spun around quickly and stared incredulously at Zack. "This is the ladies restroom." I pointed out, trying to ignore the odd smile on his face.

"Yes, but it looks pretty deserted to me. It's perfect." He took a step closer to me, and instinctively I took a step back, feeling the wet sink press into my lower back and dampen my skin tight dress.

"You're a freak, get out of here." I cursed, mustering all the courage I had. I missed the feeling of Leon watching me, and felt like if it was there, tingling the back of my neck I might have had more to say to Zack, but instead I stepped away from the sink and with my head up high, I was determined to walk around him to the door he was blocking.

I don't know why I thought he would just let me walk past him, it was stupid thought. He reached out and grabbed me with what seemed like impossible strength and effortlessly guided me to the wall. Zack pressed my back against the wall, and I felt where the sink had made my dress wet. 

"Get off me!" Instinctively I went to fight back. This stranger was holding on to my forearms, and I struggled to get out of his grasp, attempting to thrash my arms but that was useless. I went to knee him where the sun doesn't shine, but before I could move my knee he pelvic thrusted me, pressing his body against mine so tightly I could barely breathe.

His lips were on my ear in an instant, nibbling at my lobe and making me shiver with disgust. I opened my mouth to scream anything when he laughed menacingly. "Sweet heart I want you to scream out. I want you to plead for me not to take you." Zack whispered in my ears and it made my blood run cold.         

"Get off me you sick bastard!" I yelled, pushing against him; it only made him laugh harder before planting kissing down my neck.

"I love how you fight it, I wonder if your friend has the same fire inside her too." At his words, it was like he could feel the fight flood out of me as fear consumed me. He pulled away, not moving his pelvis from mine, but released my arms just to grab my rib cage right underneath my chest. I just stood there, letting him fondle my chest as I willed no tears to spill from my eyes.

"Please don't hurt her." I whispered, and I was surprised when Zackary looked up.

"I wonder how mad he will be when he finds out I've done." He whispered, confusing me for only a second, as I continued trying to full myself away from him but had no luck. The pleasure on his face made me want to spit in it, but I couldn't will myself to move. "He's so infatuated with you... I want to make him suffer." He spat, grabbing the bottom of my dress and yanking it above my bra, exposing my body to him. So many questions flooded my head. Who was he? Leon? Why would he want to make Leon suffer?

The cold air bit at my skin, "please stop. Please." I couldn't speak over a murmur, there was nothing I could do. This man was strong and I was horrified if I did fight back... what would happen to Steph?

Before Zackary could say anything, the bathroom door was ripped open so fast and so hard that it banged against the wall with a thunderous crash. I was amazed that the doorknob had entered the wall, making the sheetrock crumble like sand but I was more amazed by the man standing in the doorway.

Please show your support by voting and commenting (:

I LOVE YOU GUYS