XXVII. We Got Him Back!

Start from the beginning

"Who will be in charge of guarding that titan shifter, then?"

"That's simple," You suddenly entered the conversation and stood up from your seat. You started going down the middle of the court as people around started creating noises.

"Please refrain—"

"Who will be in charge of guarding the titan shifter, you ask? Isn't it obvious? Of course, it will be us, the Noble Troops."

"What?"

"Did she just say..."

"...the Noble Troops?!"

"So that means..."

"She's the famous (Y/N) (L/N)!"

"I knew it! (L/N) sounds familiar!"

The crowd started going wild as they heard the name of the first-rate group created by the Royalty itself.

"Seems like they knew about us already," you smirked and looked at Nile, the crowd finally starting to settle down.

"If you give Jaeger's custody back to the Scouting Legion, I assure you that everything's in good hands," Erwin declared as he went down and approached you three, Levi clicking his tongue for some reason.

"What do you mean by that, Commander Erwin Smith?"

"Let's just say that if you give him back to us, then it will be the wisest decision each one of you will make your whole lives," you smiled, patting Eren's head and smiling down at him. 

"Good job back there. You can rest now," you mumbled as you see Eren's eyes got teary.

"The first class Nobility and the infamous Corporal Levi's squad will be the ones guarding the cadet over here," Erwin declared, looking back at you after saying that.

"Let's say that he'll be guarded by top-class squads, but even so, how can we say that the town is safe with this titan shifter inside the city's vicinity?" Nile asked, the crowd suddenly roaring again.

"We don't care about any of that now!"

"Right! Just get that monster away!"

You looked back at Eren only to see his shoulders tremble, making you feel sorry for him.

Who wouldn't be hurt if most of the people around you wanted you to vanish into thin air?

"It's better if that titan shifter dies."

— ★ Your PoV ★ —

As I heard the crowd utter such imbecile things about Eren, my adrenaline rushed quickly through my body. I tried my hardest to control my emotions because this is an important mission.

Eren is important to me, not just because he can be our last hope...

...he's important to me because...