[26] When two different worlds collide

DYLAN O'BRIEN'S POV:

The night had fallen, colouring the sky pitch black. I sat next to Charlotte's hospital bed, holding her tiny hand in my larger one. Her skin was cold and then I mean not just cold but more like ice. Her body temperature was far below average and that made me worry. The doctors told me not to. They held her in an artificial coma because her body needed some time to heal. Therefore they had to lower her temperature. But she didn't look like the girl I once fell in love with anymore. Her skin was pale, she had dark circles underneath her eyes and her hair had a dull brown color. Her chest slowly rose and fell as two wires in her nose helped her breath. She was covered in them. Wires. Wires everywhere. In her nose, in her arms, connected to her chest. She'd been lucky, they told me. Her head had hit the steering wheel pretty hard and the airbag had exploded against her chest which caused a heart attack. She had a severe concussion, a broken arm and a heart that needed a lot of time to heal. The only movement that came from her was the rising of her chest but even that was almost invisible. 

"Charlotte..." I breathed out, shaking my head. "I've been so stupid." I paused, looked at her angelic face and then let go off her hand. I got up from my seat and started pacing across the room. "I've been so goddamned stupid. You were the only thing that mattered to me. You really were and I'm so sorry I couldn't make you happy. I'm so sorry I made you cry, that I made you hate me. I can't blame you. I really can't because I wasn't a good boyfriend, I know that. I'd like to say that it was the media who forced me to be like that but it really was just me. I fucked up. I fucked up every single time. I beat up Brad. I got in jail. I smoked. I hugged Britt and I didn't refuse when they asked for a picture of Britt and I." I paused again. Taking a deep breath. "You asked me to never come back and that's what I'll do." And then I couldn't stop my tears anymore. I cried. I cried for her and I couldn't care less that I didn't look manly. I walked back over to her, bent down and kissed her forehead. "I love you Charlotte. Never forget that." And then I let her go. Like she'd asked me. I turned around and walked out of her room, out of the hospital. I took the first taxi I saw home and ran up to my room. I grabbed the large suitcase from the closet and stuffed it with everything I brought when I came here almost six months ago. I put my clothes in it, toiletry, scripts,etc. I then took one last glimpse at the flat. I wouldn't come back here for a long time. I wasn't even supposed to be here for such a long time. Two weeks. I was supposed to leave this place after two weeks but I didn't expect Charlotte to walk into my life. So I never left the flat because I wanted to be close to her. But I couldn't, not anymore.
 I took my car and drove to Charlotte's home. I needed to have a word with Louis before I left. So when I came there I hesitatingly knocked on the door and waited for Charlotte's scary brother to open it. And when the door did finally open I stood eye in eye with a sleepy Louis. 

"Dylan?" He yawned, rubbed his eyes and then shot me a look. "What are you doing here?" 

"I wanted to talk to you." He growled but finally opened the door a bit further, allowing me to come in. 

"You do realise it's two thirty in the morning right?" I nodded my head and followed him to the living room where I took place in one of the leather couches. "Alright. Shoot it." 

"I'm leaving." I blurted out. "Charlotte doesn't want me anymore and I think it's better for everyone if I just went back to Los Angeles." Louis nodded his head. "I don't want her to think that I'm running away from her so I wanted to ask if you could tell her something." 

"Alright. What do I tell her?"

"Just... Just tell her that I love her and that I'm sorry." Louis nodded his head and I got up. "Thanks Louis." 

"No problem." Louis walked me back to the door. I shook his hand and then turned around, walking away but I stopped when Louis yelled my name. "Dylan! Wait up." He shouted, jogging after me. 

"Yeah?" 

"You know. I never really liked you." I rolled my eyes. 

"Thank you for pointing that out." 

"That's not what I meant. I never really liked you but you aren't a bad guy. You made her happy, sometimes. It just wasn't meant to be, you know. This is what happens when two different worlds collide." I nodded my head. 

"Bye Louis." And with that I was gone. Away from the house. Away from her family. Away from Charlotte and everything that reminded me off her. 

***
A/N: This chapter is sort of a filler! I'm leaving to Spain tomorrow and I'm gonna try to update but I can't promise you guys! Sorry!
Comment/Vote, thanks <3