Where I Live

That summer, I'd opted out on vacation. I wanted a break from people because with everything that happened I think I deserve to not see anyone's face.

Of course, I still got visits from Ministry workers because I couldn't be left alone all summer. The visits from the aurors were less frequent because they were out chasing my escapee Uncle all around Europe. The Ministry workers always danced around talking to me about him because of his relation to me, but they forgot the fact that the only interactions I had with him was about 72 hours before he went and got thrown into Azkaban. Not to mention, I was a baby. I barely knew my own name. it wasn't a sensitive subject to me. It just let me know that My uncle Sirius was an unreliable guardian.

The Ministry workers did remember, though, that Harry was one of my closest friends. He was the one who would be affected by it, so I wasn't allowed to tell him anything. I thought that was a dumb idea because Harry tends to figure things out, with the help of mostly Hermione, when he is left in the dark. I decided to obey anyway because he'll figure it out eventually. I'll just never let him know that I knew anything because if I did, he would get mad. For a normally more quiet kid, he sure had a temper.

Ron was away, so he wouldn't know much, and though Hermione got the paper, it didn't mention the fact that Sirius Black was Harry's Godfather.

I sat back and let the rest of the world deal with it because I was perfectly protected. Yes, Sirius Black knew the location to Grimmauld because it was his house, but so did the Ministry. He wouldn't possibly come here. Surely they notified him that his house was searched? Wrong.

That was just the tip of the iceberg. What surprised me the most was when my dear Uncle showed up to Grimmauld and told me that little piece of information. It went a little like this.

I woke up one night because I heard noises downstairs. I was a little worried because Kreacher hadn't notified me of anyone's arrival, so I went downstairs.

I headed towards the kitchen because I heard the clanking of pots and pans, and when I got there, I was greeted with the back of an average sized man with greasy hair. He was turned around. He probably hadn't noticed me yet, but he did when I said something.

"What are you doing in my kitchen?" I asked, alarmed.

"It's actually my kitchen," he said before he turned around and revealed himself.

There, in the flesh, was my dear old unreliable Uncle, Sirius Black.

I stayed calm because what would he do to me. I could call the ministry at any given time.

"You do know that the Ministry comes here regularly to check on me. I could just Floo Call the Minister right now and he'd come, but I'm a rational person, so I want to know why you are here, in the most obvious place, and what did you tell Kreacher?"

"Fair enough. You know, you remind me a little bit of your father."

"Cut the sentimentality, I don't do that. I'm waiting for an explanation."

"Well it's a long story."

"I have time. It's the middle of the night in the middle of summer."

"Where do I start? Ah, well it all started with that rat!"

"And who, pray tell, is this rat you're talking about?"

"Peter Pettigrew."

"He's dead."

"No, he's not. That's the problem. I was the original secret keeper for the Potters'. It was an obvious choice because James Potter was my best friend. The problem was that it was too obvious. I would be easy to target, so I had the brilliant idea to change Secret Keepers in secret so that in the case of me getting captured, they would still be safe. We decided that Peter, a good friend of James and I, would be a good choice because nobody would think he would be the secret keeper, and nobody did. That's why I was in Azkaban for 13 years. Anyway, the rat got scared, and he ratted out (#sorrynotsorry) the Potters. The news spread fast about the Potters' deaths and their child's survival, so I went to get him. He was my godson. I had a right to take care of him. Hagrid was there too, and he said that Dumbledore would keep him safe, so I let him take Harry, in hopes I would eventually get to have him in my custody.