It's Dirtier

Second year was a complete mess, and I don't even know where to begin. Lets just say it was worse than first year at the very least. The chaos started in the summer, so I'll start there too.

The start of summer was perfectly normal and fine, but things started to happen very quickly. The first thing was the letter incident.

As friends, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I all promised to write to eachother. Thats what friends do. All of us kept our promise. Except for Harry. I know he lived with those horrid muggles who hated magic, so he'd have to limit the amount of letters he sent, but he did more than limit. He cut us off completely. It was as if he wasn't receiving the letters at all, but that was hard to believe. I made sure to get the most reliable and expensive owl ( because even though Malfoys deserve the best, Blacks deserve better), so my letters had to get there. It was the principle of the thing. The whole matter was quite irksome and a bit suspicious.

Other than that, the summer went as expected (which wasn't saying a lot because I wasn't expecting much). Hermione, Ron, and I corresponded regularly, and we planned a trip to the Burrow. Hermione couldn't go because she was on vacation, but I wasn't, so I would just be me and Ron and the rest of his family. I wish Harry would come, but that couldn't possibly happen if he isn't answering our letters. I'd be at the Burrow from the second to last week of July until school starts give or take a day towards the end so I could pack properly. It was a much better choice than possibly ending up in Siberia again with Barty Crouch as my chaperone.

Skipping to my time at the Burrow, it was pretty normal there. You know, the twins do something funny, Mrs. Weasley yells at them and then everybody goes about their business. There was othen a pickup quidditch game going on in the backyard, and I took advantage of it. Anyway, one day, Fred and George did something a different sort of funny, and when I say that, I don't mean funny at all.

It was quite a surprise to go to bed and wake up to Mrs. Weasley yelling at the twins and Ron only to go downstairs for breakfast to see the one and only Harry Potter eating Mrs. Weasley's porridge. In that moment, I wanted to do a lot of things, but I decided to wait to address the aforementioned issue. I decide to ignore him. If I said something at all, I would end up mentioning it.

I end up ignoring him all day. It was challenging and it took a lot of self control, but I managed it. Mainly by hanging out with Ginny rather than Ron. The rest of the self control was keeping me in the same room with Ginny.

Sometimes, I couldn't stand her. She wouldn't shut up about the one thing I was trying to avoid. Harry Potter.

At first, it was fine. I thought she would only mention him once, but his name always came up whenever she opened her mouth. I went from alright to fine to slightly annoyed to wanting to pull my hair out of my head to wanting to pull her hair out of her head. My patience was low. Very low, so I'd decided that I'd rather yell at Harry than be in her presence for a second more.

Nether of those happened. I kindly told Ginny that I had to talk to Ron because if I'd said Harry, she would've followed me and I left. I went straight to Harry, ready to have some words with him, but he beat me to it.

"Charlotte, I know you're probably mad about me not answering your letters, but let me explain."

He then told me about one of the Malfoy's house elves, Dobby, who took all his letters in an effort to prevent Harry from going back to Hogwarts because of an impending threat ready to strike on Harry.

The entire story although believable, was quite ridiculous. It was also a bit suspicious. What was a Malfoy house elf doing in a muggle neighborhood. The Malfoys go to great lengths to get their house elves in line and they obey always. They don't ever want to displease their masters. Not even Dobby. I'd met him before and although he was a little strange, he wasn't afraid of his masters. He was actually a favorite of Draco which meant that Draco had to be the one to send him. Maybe it was a joke. Either way, I didn't bother telling Harry because it wasn't helpful to the situation.