~Chapter Four~

Ed's POV:

Suddenly, she rolls up the sleeves of her cardigan, and I'm stunned. There are scars on her wrists, some old, some that look very recent. I thought she stopped cutting herself years ago. When she was 13, she was anorexic and bulimic, but she stopped when she got counseling. Well, I thought she stopped then.

"You told me you stopped." She looks so utterly helpless, so lost. The tears come again, and she rolls her sleeves back down.

"I tried to stop. I really did. But after Niall, and the bullies, and dad, I needed to. I was torturing myself for hurting him, and ruining the best thing that's ever happened to me." I wrap my arms around her, whispering that she'll be fine.

"Do you still want to audition to open up for them?" I ask. She pulls away from me and looks me in the eye.

"Yes. It might be the only way I can talk to him. He'd never voluntarily spend time with me, but he'd have to if I went on tour with them. I just have to convince him that I'm sorry and I love him more than anything."

She looks so determined I don't even try to talk her out of it.

Niall's POV:

I leave quickly, attempting to avoid the boys and the questions about Addie. I hurriedly avoid paparazzi and climb in the limo. Crap. The boys are here. The get in before I can close the door. "What the heck was that?" Harry asks, clearly annoyed.

"Why was she crying?" Liam asks in a slightly gentler tone.

"Do you know her?" Zayn asks also.

"You basically ruined Ed's party," Louis huffs, rolling his eyes.

"How is this my fault? You think I WANT to see her again? Of course not! Yeah Zayn, I know her. She's my freaking ex. You happy now?" I am so ticked. Can't they see that I'm hurting too?

"It's not your fault," Liam assures, glaring at Louis. "We're just trying to help."

I sigh, running my hands through my hair. "Her name's Addie. We dated when we were sophomores, and I really liked her. But she cheated on me, and I never want to talk to her again."

"Do you still love her?" Zayn asks, looking sympathetic.

"No."

"Weird, because for someone you don't love, you sure get emotional over her! I saw you crying, mate." Louis says nonchalantly. I blush and look away, feeling stupid.

"Okay I love her, so what?"

"If we're going by Louis's logic, then Addie apparently still has feelings for you!" Harry exclaims. Liam furiously shakes his head, trying to communicate to Harry that he said the wrong thing.

He did.

"Oh really? She loves me, does she? Most people don't cheat on people they love! Most people don't lie to people they love! Most people don't break the hearts of people they love! So no, she obviously DOESN'T have feelings for me! Just stay out of it!" Since we arrived at our hotel, I get out of the car, slamming the door before I can hear their protests. I pound up the stairs to my hotel room. I go inside and go to my bedroom, locking the door. I climb under the covers, trying to fall asleep, but I can't. When I do get some sleep, my dreams are filled with Addie and what she did to me. I give up on trying to sleep, I lie in bed hoping so hard that she won't get picked to open for us on tour.