***

I stood back, looking into the large mirror at my now dried and straightened hair and my face which now had its usual foundation, eyeliner, mascara and all that. I chewed nervously on my lip and went to get my shoes on, making sure to also grab my bag and my hoodie, then went on downstairs to set off back to the house.

After locking up behind me, I turned and began the walk down the path towards my house. From Coreys house it was about a thirty, maybe forty minute walk to mine and Ryans. I didn't mind the long walk though, at least it gave me some time to prepare myself for when I did get there.

When I finally did reach the house, I was a shaking mess, trying to keep my breathing under control as the fear that had disappeared over these last few days came back. I reached out and quietly opened the front door, stepping in to the familiar hallway and looking around nervously. Maybe Corey was right, maybe I should have waited, but it was too late to back out now. I was here, and I couldn't run back.

"Is that you, Crystal?"

I shuddered at the voice that rang out from the front lounge. Seconds later, Ryan appeared in the hallway, walking towards me once he saw me, with an angry expression plastered on his face.

"Fucking finally, you've been gone for nearly a week! A week! Where the hell was your scrawny ass for all those days?" He demand, getting louder with each word.

I backed up into the corner and closed my eyes shut, trying to find the words to lie to him so that he didn't find out I was with Corey.

"I... I was-"

"You were what? Tell me where you've been or-"

I opened my eyes to see him inches away from me, looking at me with a deadly look and extremely deep eyes.

"Why can I smell cologne that's not mine?" He asked, scarily quietly.

My heart rate began to pick up and before I knew what was happening, I had been tossed down onto the floor.

"You've been with another guy haven't you? You little cheating whore!"

Well, he was right about that one, I thought as he began to kick me repeatedly, occasionally pulling me up by my hair and dragging me around, causing me to scream and attempt to lash out to try and escape. Nothing worked though as he just continued to throw me around effortlessly.

After some more time of feeling pain, I looked up with tears flooding my eyes as Ryan stepped towards me and knelt down to my level.

"Give me your phone," He demanded, speaking slightly more calmly than shouting. I didn't respond and he became more annoyed once again. "Goddamit! Fucking do as you're told!" He burst out suddenly, slamming his hand against the cupboard beside me, causing me to jump violently.

I rushed off to the front door where my bag was laying across the floor and pulled out my phone. I knew Ryan was going to go though it, but that didn't stop me from quickly texting my address through to Corey. It didn't matter that Ryan would see it, just as long as Corey came to get me as soon as he saw it, which would hopefully be pretty quickly with how protective he could get over me.

Once it had sent, I clicked off of my messages and locked my phone, walking back into the kitchen to were Ryan was waiting rather impatiently. Once he saw me, he held his hand out and I instantly gave him the phone, which he unlocked and began to go through.

After a few moments of silence, I noticed him stop and just stare at the screen. Oh shit, he's probably seen the message. I was proven right when all of a sudden, he swung his hand at me, slapping me clean across the face.