f o u r

f o u r

Two pairs of feet speed walked towards the black civic. Standing leaned against it was Florence in her all black outfit, the leather trench coat and hood covering her body. Rain pattered down on her but she couldn't care less.

The two teenagers who walked over to her, Scott and his ex girlfriend Allison had asked her for a lift to the old people's home.

"So, what are you two going to be doing there?"

"We have some questions that need to be answered." Scott replied getting into the front seat whilst Allison got into the back.

Florence started the car and reversed out of the parking lot of Allison's apartment building. "From whom exactly?"

"Gerard Argent." A moment of silence was static between them, Florence's hands were noticeably more rigid and hard against the steering wheel. Her knuckles went almost white.

She looked at the teenage boy with narrowed eyes, "Gerard Argent? As in the hunter, the oldbag that was behind the mass killing of my family and many others?"

Allison then said, "We know he's evil and very untrustworthy but we have no other choice. We need information on Deucalion and we can't exactly go to him for it can we?"

"Ok fine. But why are you guys only focusing on Deucalion who by the way isn't exactly killing anyone at the moment when you should be focusing on the Darach?"

"We - aren't you supposed to be doing that?"

Florence looked at Scott who raised an eyebrow at her, a small smirk forming on his lips. "Well, I - oh wipe that smirk off your puppy face, it doesn't suit it." Allison laughed at this while Scott sputtered in defence.

.

Florence was pacing back and forth in front of the small window of the tiny  room while Gerard told the teenagers his story on what happened between him and Deucalion. Scott had texted her saying his heartbeat was the same the entire time but she still didn't believe him.

It seemed very illogical that a hunter, an Argent no less, would want peace with werewolves. Oppressors never want anything more than to oppress.

Florence turned to the man, her hand twirling a small pocket knife. "So you're telling us that Deucalion at that time, ambushed you and almost had you killed, that's why he's blind because you held self defence?" She questioned.  The man didn't seem fazed at her sudden interrogation. The kids were about to leave and he got what he wanted, no pain.

"Yes."

Slowly Florence walked over to him. "You see  you might be able to trick these innocent kids who want nothing more than to save people, but it isn't working on me. Because unless you didn't know I knew Deucalion when I was younger, he wasn't the way he is now. He was, ... how you described yourself in your story." She was now leaning over him on the chair, her face threateningly close.

"Really? Who's words do you think these two would believe? Someone who was there or someone who likes to believe everything her mummy would tell her?"

Florence looked back at Scott and asked, "What did you say you would do if he lied Scott?"

Scott looked at the old man with a stone hard face that he would usually never wear. "I would take more than just his pain, trust me I stick to my word."

"Hm, let's find out the truth then." Florence grabbed his hand and cut open his flesh with the pock knife. Gerard cried out in pain and swatted his hand away. She drew the bloody knife closer to her face and ran her tongue over it.