"Rain, where here." Dad said looking through the rear view mirror. It's the first time that I have seen my dad up close after what happen and it seems that he have aged a little. There are eye bags under is eyes, the same with my mother. I almost teared up because they may not be the one that got hurt physically, they were hurt because it's their child that got hurt. No parent would want their children to be hurt. 

I smiled at him and nod my head. I got out of the car with he help of my dad. The house seems a bit quiet for my liking, well of course I'm not here, but today, there is an eerie silence it frightens me. Is this because my parents does not live here for a week? They have been staying with me at the hospital, never leaving my side. I was touring the house like it's the first I am entering it.  I am trying t familiarize myself with the areas of the house where I have shared most of my childhood with. I see the laughing images of my parents. I see the good times me and Ethan had before all the incident. I know that its only been a week, but it seems like I have been gone forever. Hospital will normally do that to you, so don't get mauled or sick. Kidding.

"Honey, Ethan's here." My mom called. I was looking at the pictures hanging at our wall when my mom called. I turn around and found a pale looking Ethan standing there like an idiot. I felt a sudden anger and longing for my best friend. 

"Come closer." I asked Ethan. He hesitated for a minute, but eventually came closer. 

SLAP! I heard my mom's surprised gasp. Ethan's face was turned to the side a linger mark on his face.

"How can you do that to me?" I asked. Ethan remained silent.

"I thought you were my best friend. Is that a lie as well?" I asked tearing up. This time he looked at me dead in the eye. I fear for his response.

"I'm scared. I am your best friend, but I failed you that day. I failed to protect you that day. Do you know what it feels like to see your best friend lying on the dirt drenched in his blood? Do you what it feels like not know if his still alive, that you arrive late?" Ethan cried. It was the first time that I ever see Ethan cried. Never in our entire life I saw him cry. He's the life of our friendship. 

I rushed to him and held him tightly.  I miss doing this to him. I miss my best friend. I never new that he went thru with this. I was selfish.

"It's not your fault Ethan. Never was and never will be. So stop this foolishness. I am alive. Broken, but alive." I whispered to him. He nods his head. I decided to break the ice. It's becoming too mushy for my liking. I pushed back a little.

"Why haven't you visited me at the hospital? I understand your dilemma, but it would be nice to see your face at least once while I was confined." I asked raising my eyebrows? 

"I visited everyday." He rebut.

"You visited the door you idiot." I joked hitting his head.

"Stop hurting me, you ass." He exclaimed.

"That's for not visiting your best friend." He smiled and engulf me a bear-like hug that almost cut my oxygen supply. 

Deciding not to dwell on  the past anymore, my mom decided that it was time for dinner and invited Ethan. She made her famous home-made Lasagna with extra layer of cheese. 

We were having a great time having dinner sharing stories before and after the incidents. It feels like old times.  No drama, just family. We were discussing the current situation and how we miss this when the door bell rang. A very unexpected visitor have arrived. 

My dad got up from his seat and made his way thru the door to see who is the visitor. 

"Alpha, good evening." My dad greeted. Alpha? What is he doing here? Is he alone? Did Chris came with him? My heart is beating fast. Ethan noticed me and put his arms on my shoulder showing comfort.  I smiled at him in gratitude. 

"Good Evening, is Rain home?" The alpha asked.  What does he wants from me? If he is going to push me to see his son, he's clearly delusional. 

"Rain, keep your thought to yourself." My mom said over our mind-link. Oops forgot about that. Ethan was chuckling beside me. 

"Yes, would you like to join us for dinner? My wife made her infamous Lasagna." My dad open the door wider.

"That would be great. Thanks." The alpha said in gratitude. My dad ushered the alpha in the dining area and my mom prepared a plate for him. 

"What brought you here alpha?" My mom asked not beating around the bush. That's what I like about her. She can be loving, sweet wife to a fierce lioness in a minute. 

"I will not sugar coat this anymore. I have reviewed your request and I wish inform you that I have granted it." He said seriously. What request?

"E-excuse me, what request is that?" I asked softly.  I am 100% sure that this is all about me.  

"Son, on the day you were brutally mauled with in the inch of your life. Your mother and I made the decision that it is not safe for you here at the moment.  We went to the Alpha immediately and request for you to be transferred temporarily to heal and sort things out here.  We do not want you to leave, but it will be for the best at the moment. I hope you understand." He said softly. This is very difficult for him. His only son will be moving away from them. 

I am speechless and don't know what to say. I mean, I've been wanting to leave this place and never come back before. Now that I am given the chance to leave, I am having second thoughts? 

"Honey, we do not want to send you away, but it will be for the best for now. No worries, Ethan will be with you that is why he is here. His parents have already consented about this." My mother added. 

"This is very difficult for me too, Rain. You're my son's mate and it will weaken him if you to are away from each other, but I have consented it if this will help my son grow up and be responsible. I know he made your life a living hell before his birthday, but I can only wish that you will give him a chance. That is why I allowed this to happen so that you can think and heal from your wounds. Only the five of us here knows where and when you are leaving. Chris does not have any clue about this." The alpha said looking straight in my eye.  He is conflicted between being an alpha and Chris' father. He knows what his son have done and he's trying every ounce of his power to be  the alpha of this pack and the father to his son.  

I didn't reply and stare at them for few minutes before deciding.  "Where will I go?" I asked.

"You will be sent to Australia, there's a pack there that we have contacted. They are a powerful and diverse pack.  No worries, they will love you there." My dad said. 

Australia? That's half-way across the world!! As I stare at them more, it came to my realization that this has been decided and I can no longer back out from it.  Maybe this is for the best. I can heal and think things over while I am there. A part of me does not want to leave, but it's for the best for now to start my healing process. Maybe someday soon, I will be able to forget and forgive the people who hurt me. Maybe I will be able to move on and accept what fate have instilled in me. 

"I will go." Was my only reply. The only question left is when will I leave? I can't help but voice this out.

"When will we leave?"  asked. The alpha looked at us.

"Tomorrow at dawn." Was his reply. 

*************

A/N: It's been 3 years since I last updated this, but it feels like the right time to revive this. I hope you enjoyed this update.