"Wait, Stella—"

I cut him off.

"What was your favorite date night we ever had?"

He rubs his chin with his index finger and thumb as he says, "I guess when I took you to the museum of natural history."

"Yeah, that night. I had a hard time keeping myself awake," I scoff.

 "What's your answer?"

"My favorite has to be the one when I took you to the carnival."

"Oh, how can I forget that? I almost puked when we got off the Ferris wheel," he chuckles.

I scrunch up my nose in disgust as I focus on the laptop screen and read out the next question.

"What do you like most I do in bed?"

Oh.

"Skip," we say in unison.

Of course, Todd and I have done it a few times, but discussing about this topic now will put us in an awkward situation. How can we discuss such a topic at this particular stage of our relationship? We barely acknowledge each other's presence, so how can one expect us to talk about our long gone intimacy openly?

We continue answering questions and an hour passes by. My eyes sting a little and I carefully place my laptop on the table.

Yawning, I stretch my arms rest my head against the couch. As I tilt my neck to a comfortable position, my eyes land on Todd's wrist.

Todd has told me that his client is ready to give him another chance and that makes me feel relieved. I still feel bad for him though, because it's my fault he can't work properly with his right hand.

"How does it feel now?" I ask, pointing my chin at the splint.

"It's painful. Yesterday, everything was okay, but now it hurts like hell. I think the swelling isn't reduced," he says, running a hand through his hair.

"Let me see," I say, licking my lips.

I take his injured hand in mine as I take a close look at it.

"The doctor said that the pain and swelling will reduce as you continue to take the prescribed pills. If it still continues to hurt, we will visit him tomorrow."

I look up to find him already staring at me. It's been quite a while since he looked at me like that.

I'm at a loss of words.

I swallow hard as he leans towards me and gets close to my face until we're almost touching. My heart is hammering against my chest, making me feel a bit dizzy and I can't decipher why I'm a bundle of nerves.

I'm still holding his hand as he tilts his head slightly and look into my eyes. The way he's looking at me makes my breathing erratic and at the same time, something ignites inside of me.

Everything happens in a flash.

I close my eyes the moment his lips brush against mine. The kiss is so soft that it almost feels like a whisper. He uses his other hand to hold my face and gently strokes my cheek with his thumb.

As we slowly pull away, our eyes open. A few seconds later, we realize what we have done and our eyes widen at the same time.

Shit.

I look down as I feel a blush warm my cheeks.

Without wasting a second, I stand up and pick up my laptop from the table. I feel like my cheeks are on fire.

I don't even turn around to look at him. 

"Good night, Todd."

I make my way towards our bedroom, almost tripping over when I hear him say. "Good n-night."

As soon as I enter our bedroom, I slam the door shut behind me, leaning my back against it.

What the hell just happened?

I wipe my lips with the back of my hand, but I can still feel Todd's lips on mine. Did he really kiss me? Did I kiss him back?

"Oh, God..." I breathe out.

For the moment, I just felt oddly different. I knew he was leaning in to kiss me, but I didn't even try to stop him. How strange is that.

The scariest part is that I loved the way his lips felt against mine and I didn't want to break our kiss, to be honest.

We fight almost all the time. We try to ignore each other as much as possible. We practically say 'I hate you' all the freaking time.

And then, what do we do? We kiss each other. What is that supposed to mean?

But it was just a little kiss. It really doesn't mean anything, right. People kiss each other all the time and I don't get why I should give a damn about a little peck. 

It's not that big of a deal.

                                                                              >>>>>.<<<<<

Hey, I'm sorry it's short, but I hope you liked it anyway.

^_^