-Chapter 9-

*Previously in She's a Mystery*

"What if we could sneak around together until it was safe? What if we could make it work, would you want to be with me then?" I sigh but before I am able to answer there's a knock at the door.
"Hide me!" Louis says running to the closet.
"I thought you were supposed to be in here?"
"No, I just said that so you didn't kick me out. If Harry finds out I am still in here he is going to kill me and I can't afford to die." He says. I shut the closet door and run to the front door.

"Oh, Harry hi. What are you doing here?" I am trying to look as if I wasn't just talking about sneaking around with his best friend.
"Have you seen Louis? Last time I saw him he was in here making sure you went to sleep then he was supposed to come hang with the guys." Why did he choose sleeping with me over hanging out with the guys? Crazy.
"No, I haven't seen him. I was just going to go eat. I will be back later, okay?"
"Wait, do you want me to come with you?" He offers.
"No I am good. I got it okay?"
"What if that guy comes back?" He seems concerned but I guess I have to tell him the same lie too.
"Adam wasn't trying to hurt me. He broke up with me and I got upset and ran into your arms. Louis thought he was trying to hurt me but he was just breaking up with me. No harm done, okay?" If only this was true... I thought to myself.

                                                                     ___________

"Wait, why did you kiss Louis on your birthday if you had a boyfriend?" Harry asks me.
"I was drunk. And that's actually why we broke up. It's all cool, just drop it." I say nudging him.
"Well, do you want me to come with you to grab a bite? I don't want you going alone." He is now just being all overprotective and crap.
"No I am going to go without you okay? I don't want you coming with me. Can't I just go somewhere to eat without you??" I say raising my voice. I technically didn't lie to him. I didn't say I was going alone or by myself, I just said I didn't want him to go with me. Taelor found a loophole!
"Okay, fine. Call me if you need anything okay?" Wow, he is actually letting me go? Never thought he would. He must trust me again.
"Yeah whatever. Now go, I am trying to get ready to go eat." I say practically slamming the door in his face. As soon as I do, Louis walks out of my closet wearing a shirt now.
"You know, you're a really good liar. So good that you didn't even lie." He says laughing. This dude sure does laugh a lot. I wish I could be as happy as he is.
"It's a gift. Now, where are you taking me to eat? You're paying by the way." I say giving a slight wink. Winking is my thing. Whenever I do it most people think I am flirting but I do it to everyone!!
"Well, if I am taking you out to eat then you get to pick."
"Okay then." I say pausing for a second so I can think. "How about somewhere with steak? I want that a whole lot right now." I am craving steak with A-1 sauce, mashed potatoes, and green beans with mustard. I have a serious obsession with mustard and greens beans. Everyone thinks I am so weird but it is literally the best ever.
"We could go to Gaucho Steakhouse, if you want. That's actually my favorite place to go."
"No way! That's my favorite place to get steak from!!" I am the only person I know that likes it there.
"Well what are we doing here then? Let's go." Louis says pushing me out the door.

"Come on in." He says leading me into his room so he can grab his wallet. "So about my question earlier..." I was hoping he had forgotten about that. Shit...
"Oh, that one." I'm trying to buy myself some time. "Look, you seem like a really nice guy and all, I just don't think we would work out. There is too much." I say picking at my fingers.
"Yeah.. You're right. If we got together Harry would be really mad. It would provoke him so much." He says giving me a weird face.
"Well, Harry doesn't make my decisions for me, I do. I'll take you up on your offer, I'll secretly be with you."  As soon as I say that, he gives me the cutest smile ever.
Before I know it he is running up to me and giving me a big hug. He gives me a sweet little peck on the cheek then lets me go.
"We better get going. Oh, and just to keep a low profile we should go into the restaurant one at and time and just so happen to bump into one another. Got it?" He's taking this a little far but I understand the consequences if anyone found out.
"Okay. You go in first and wait about five minutes and then I'll come in, see you, and be like "Hey, didn't know you were here. Mind if I join you?" then we can go about out merry ways." He squints his eyes like he's thinking about the plan then smiles.
"Wait, can we play footsies under the table? Like not too much to where people can see." Dude, this guy is a teddy bear. I don't think he has one violent bone in hid body.
"Sure, if you want. What are the plans if paparazzi show up? Like and they start taking pictures again?" I don't want hate comments on Twitter and Facebook again. They were really mean. I swear all the people are so mean!
"Oh, what if we sat at the window seat where people are sitting next to us so it doesn't look like we are talking directly to each other?" That's a good idea. I really like the window seat anyways.
"Yeah sure, we could do that."