Chapter 6

"Lux aren't you going to defend me? Defend us?" Iris said, looking at me desperately. But I couldn't defend her, and I couldn't defend 'us' because I didn't know if there was an us. And defending her would get her hopes up that there was.

My mom visiting with Daniel had been a reality check for me.

What if my mom cut contact with me if I told her I was going to be with Iris forever?

What if Daniel did something to hurt Iris because I didn't choose him?

It seemed like a bad idea to be with Iris now.

So I left the room with my mom and Daniel, and. We actually went for a walk. My mom wasn't trying to kidnap me or anything, she actually just wanted to take a walk and talk to me.

We weren't really paying attention to where we were going and just having some small talk, Daniel following silently behind us.

We ended up in the woods, and my mom stopped abruptly.

"It's okay if you want to be with Iris." She stayed firmly.

"What?" Daniel gasped. I was basically having the same reaction as him.

"I said it's okay if you want to be with Iris. I'm sick of making other people and myself miserable just because I think it's weird, and a little gross. I lost 2 of my best friends because of my stupidity, I'm not going to lose my daughter too." She said, turning away from us.

"M-mom." I choked out, shocked.

"I love you." She said, glancing back and smiling at me. "I want you to be happy."

"Thank you." I whispered, jogging up to her and giving her a hug. "I love you too."

"I know." She chuckled. "Okay Daniel, let's go. And make sure you leave my daughter and her mate alone. Or else."

Daniel pouted but trailed after my mom, grumbling.

I wanted to go back, but I couldn't just yet. I had to clear my head, process what just happened.

And that's what I did.

I walked around, taking in nature and thinking about what my mom said, and my feelings for Iris.

I loved her.

When I tried to get back to the house, it started to storm. I was slipping and sliding, and branches were hitting me in the face.

Eventually I found my way out and started jogging back home, to Iris.

When I did get there I ran up the stairs and slowly made my way into Iris's room, where I found her curled up in a blanket and staring at me in horror.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." She squeaked in fear.

"It's me, Lux." I frowned.

"Oh. Ok." She said coldly.

"Iris," I mumbled dejectedly, not wanting her to be mad at me and wanting to tell her how I felt, "I love you."

I heard a sharp intake of breath and then silence.

Silence.

Silence.

And more silence.

"Where were you for the past 13 hours?" She demanded.

"My mom gave me her blessing to be with you, so when she left I went for a walk to clear my head, and think about what I feel for you. I realized that I loved you and by then it was already raining so I started to go back. Then it started to storm, it was dark and I couldn't hear anything very well because of the thunder so I got a little bit lost, but eventually ended up back hear and yeah."

There was a pause and then she said, "Alright. Come on and snuggle with me. But I'm still mad at you."

"Okay." I mumbled, stripping off my wet and muddy clothes before getting in the bed and snuggling up to her under the blanket.

"Lux!" She cried.

"Hm?" I mumbled, feeling tired.

"You're only wearing underwear!"

"That's correct."

She sighed. "Whatever, let's just go to bed."

"I love you Iris." I whispered in her ear.

"Shut up." She mumbled, obviously flustered.

"Goodnight." I laughed, slowly slipping into a deep sleep.

A/N

Sorry it's so short and awful. I might edit it sometime later to add more detail but no promises XD

How are my fellow freaks?

How are you feeling about Lux? about Hayley?

The next chapter is going to be the last one.

-cries-

I'm not ready to let Iris go! Or Lux. Just Liris all together!

-sniffles and wipes eyes-

A-anywhore.

I has nothing else to say, except that you guys are awesome. And yeah.

See you next update my freaks!

Xoxo

~The-Joker-