"Now, now, why do you insist on causing me problems, little brother?" Leo,s voice came from the clearing. We were in front of my house so we all should've noticed when he appeared, yet there was no heartbeat or anything.

"What the hell?" Issac and I asked in unison.

"He's dead." Nathan whispered. "He's a soulless creature." 

"Ouch Nate, that stung." Leo said in mock humor. He had Liam flung over his shoulder like he was some type of catch of the day. "So we're making the trade, that's nice to know." He whispered. He started walking up to us and I held my hand out.

"Stop, that's far enough." I ordered, making him smirk as he firmly planted his feet on the ground. I gave Nathan one of the saddest looks I've ever given, his face mirroring mines. "I'm sorry Nathan."

"Hey, it's not your fault. I just got an unlucky hand this time. You're still my best friend Stiles." He said, offering up a genuine smile at a time like this. "Plus it was fun getting blue eyes here all worked up." He turned to Issac. "Maybe in another life we would've been mates?"

"Who knows." Issac tried to play it cool but the way his eyes kept glaring at Leo I knew that he had changed his mind about Nathan, even if just a little bit.

"Lets go together?" I offered up and Issac nodded. We both held one of Nathan's arms as we did the exchange, walking towards Leo, but leaving at least three feet of distance between us. His eyes were a dead blue as well, a smirk playing across his face.

"Aww brother, we have so much catching up to do." Leo said, the way the familiar family word rolled of his tongue made my stomach tighten. I could tell he didn't give a fuck about Nathan at all. I was mentally punching myself for even thinking of tracking him down to handle Nathan. A crazed lunatic who was trying to save us in his own way was someone I could deal with. Someone I could predict in at least a small amount. Leo was in a class all on his own. I could tell that his feelings were no longer there.

"What happened?" I asked Leo.

"Death happened Stiles. You Trial and error. Everything worked perfectly for Nathan, except for the fact that he went a bit insane. For me however, I died. It worked however because I'm still here." He said with a sinister sneer.

"Are you really?" Issac asked.

"Enough with the boring sentiments and give me Nathan." He said. We both looked at Nathan one final time, the boy snatching himself away from our grasps as he walked towards his demented older brother. Leo threw Liam's body towards us, which I ran up and caught before he could touch the hard ground. I felt his chest moving up and down and breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that he was still breathing.

"Well then I guess that means-"Leo started speaking but froze, sniffing the air. "Who else did you bring with you?" He asked, cocking his head sideways as if he was listening to something.

"What do you mean, it's just us." I spoke the truth. I looked around, sniffing the air and trying to figure out what it was that he was smelling. His sense of smell had to have been more heightened than ours and that fact ticked me off more than anything else.

"He's here." Leo whispered, staring at a spot that he and Nathan were already staring at. I stared there along with Issac who was just as dumbfounded as I was. That's when we finally heard it, the steady sound of something on four feet.

A large black wolf ran out of the woods, running straight towards Leo, growling non-stop as it bounded towards him. Leo pushed Nathan away and took the wolf head-on. Leo slammed the animal on the ground and I knew exactly what was going on. 

"Issac, we have to help Derek." I said.

"Derek?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I growled at Leo, who tilted his head at me, a smirk creeping on his face. I ran towards Leo along with Issac, both of us growling as we both lunged at Leo as well. Leo raised his leg and brought it back down on the wolf as he turned towards us. He turned towards Issac and I, growling as he held his claws out, his fangs bared at us. I lunged forward, catching one of his arms as he reached to claw me with the other arm, but Issac intercepted him by catching hold and holding him in place.

I dug my claw into his stomach and he looked at me in disbelief. He tried to fight me away from off of his arms and then Issac repeated my actions, stabbing his stomach also. We took turns clawing at him, his black blood flooding the ground. Leo looked downright confused by our actions as he looked around at everything happening around him. That's when Leo yelped as blood started to pour from his neck. 

He moved faster than we could imagine. He leaned over quickly, biting me on my arm, ripping off part of my flesh with him, making me pull my arm back in pain. He grabbed Issac by the neck and there was a blue as Nathan jumped on him. Nathan started to slash against his back, causing Leo to grab him by his collar and slam him against the ground. He stomped on Nathan's arm, causing him to scream. Issac lunged forward as Leo punched him in the rib, sending him a few feet backwards. 

That's when it all happened. Derek, even though he was injured, came and jumped on his back. Wolf Derek bit down on Leo's other shoulder, causing an inhumane scream to escape the boy. Leo grabbed him and threw him against the tree. I couldn't even keep up with how Leo got to him so quickly, or when he even grew his tail out, or when he stabbed Derek's wolf body over and over with it. 

"DEREK!!" I screamed out, running straight pass Leo who had already turned around and was walking back towards Nathan's bruised body. He wrapped his tail around Nathan and screamed out in pain as two large wings came from his back. He was a level two kanima and he took his brother and flew away.

I looked back to Derek, who had shifted back, three holes in his chest that were spewing out blood. "No, no, no." I cried, holding his face. His eyes were barely open and his breathing was ragged as he tried to breath. 

Issac ran up behind me and looked at Derek. "I think he punctured a lung." He said.

"Sti-" Derek tried to talk but he started coughing up blood, his chest heaving dramatically.

"Derek, shut up and heal!" I cried, taking his arm and taking away the pain as the black veins webbed their way up my arm, making me insides burn. He was in so much pain and I couldn't help. His hand found my face and he stroked my cheek.

"Derek, don't you die on me!" I cried, the tears running down my face as Issac tried to take some of his pain. I leaned over and kissed him softly, desperately, wishing that there was something I could do as I felt him stop kissing me back. 

"Stiles." Issac whispered, grabbing my shoulder, trying to pull me back. "Stiles-he's de-"

"No, he can't be dead. He's not dead!" I screamed, holding his body. Issac watched me sadly as I clung on to Derek's body, mines convulsing from the tears.

"Stiles..." I heard Liam whisper, the kanima poison must have worn off. I heard him come up next to Issac but I didn't dare look back. All I did was keep holding Derek as my body rocked in pain, the worst pain imaginable. The pain of losing your mate.

**A/N: Well then, there's something you never seen coming huh? Sorry for killing Derek!**