Part 35 - Final Secret Revealed

Clarke POV

Crack! The chains break free and I look up to see everyone staring at me. "H-How is that possible? No one should be able to break those chains." A mountain man says letting go of Lexa. She is also too shocked to take advantage and attack. I look at Cage and take a step toward him.

"What the hell did you do to me!?" I yell to him. "You... Have reaper blood in you. That... That is what I did to you when you... You were on the t-table." He says stuttering and obviously scared.

I can't bear to look at Lexa, so I just lunge toward Cage. One of his Soldiers jump in front of him but instantly regretted that decision. I hear Lexa fighting the others and see Cage and the Mountain Man, who was previously unconscious, run through the door closing it behind them.

Lincoln POV

Octavia and I are facing each other, and I can tell she is shocked and scared for her best friend and basically sister. I have never seen anything like what Clarke just did. I see Octavia's hand twitch and I whisper to her to try to move. The three of us slowly regain control of our bodies and sit up against the wall, still too weak to fight. I look over to Nathaniel, who was trying to stand, and shook my head. Nathaniel looked at a Mountain Man and saw he had a gun pointed at the Commander's back.

I saw him rush forward and I hear the gun go off. I feel Octavia flinch and see Nathaniel fall to the ground. "Nathaniel!" I yell as my friend falls and stops breathing. I gain the strength to stand and so does Octavia. We both attack the same soldier because we were still too weak to fight one on our own.

Lexa POV

I heard a gunshot and Lincoln yell. That's when I knew Nathaniel took the bullet for me. I couldn't risk the other Soldiers getting the advantage, so I didn't turn around to look at him. I look towards Clarke; her hands and clothes were bloody. I see a Soldier slowly walking toward Clarke with a dagger and made an instant decision. I started to run across the room screaming her name. She turned around and I felt a sharp pain in my side.

"No! Lexa!" I hear Clarke yell and see her jab her weapon in the soldier's stomach. I then feel her arms around me gently laying me on the ground.

"Behind you!" I say and wince. She turns around but Octavia already had her knife in the other Soldiers neck. Clarke nods at Octavia and turns back to me with tears streaming down her face.

"Why? Why did you do that?" Clarke asks me and I smile.

"Because, I love you." I say and she smiles back.

"I love you too." She says kissing me.

When the kiss breaks, I whisper to Clarke, "You, you are who my spirit chooses to become The Commander of the Grounders."

"No, don't leave me. Please don't leave me." She says sobbing and kissing my forehead. With my last breath, I tell her.

"Never."

Octavia POV

I am close enough to hear everything, so tears form in my eyes. I feel Lincolns' arm around me as he pulls me into a hug. We stay there until dawn and have to pull Clarke off of Lexa's body. By now Lexa...Clarkes, warriors have found us and are entering the room. They all look at Lexa's body then at Clarke. One by one they all kneel to one knee. Lincoln and I do the same and Clarke says something. "Bring lexas body back kom camp. em will ge a proper burial en will be respected." Lincoln is still teaching me the grounder language, but I think she said, "Bring Lexas body back to camp. She WILL get a proper burial and WILL be respected."

One week later (Still in Octavia POV)

It has been one week since Lexa died and Clarke has become, hard. She hasn't opened up to anyone. I am the only one she will really talk to as Clarke, not as The Commander. Clarke has made me her Second and Lincoln our protector. The grounders have respected her, and they know she is not like the other Commanders. They just don't know she has Reaper Blood in her. She told Lincoln and me that we can't tell anyone, and I agreed that her secret is safe as long as she tells me if she feels weird or any side effects.

Three times this week Clarke and I have gone into the woods and decided to test how strong she was and any other side effects. She is really strong, but you would just think she has been working out or on drugs or something. Other side effects are that she basically has anger issues. Her tolerance level is very low, except with me and Lincoln. Every day she commands to be left alone and goes to visit Lexas grave. That is the one place she can be herself. Not Commander, not daughter, not Friend, but who she really is, with Lexa.

THE END

(Continue to next chapter to get a surprise)