7) Mr. Know it all

Alex stared down at his dangling feet from the chair. “So—Kade?”

I flicked my eyes on Kade whom had his knife staff thingy laid his lap as he sharpened with a wetstone, glancing up through his hair with grin. “So—Alex?” He measly mocked, making Aiden and I smile when we saw Alex huff and give an irritated look. I just might get along with this guy. Kade shook his head as he went back his business as we went to our own business: Aiden sitting on the edge of the yacht and looking ahead of us, the wind rustling his hair gently. It a short clip of a movie, silent and looking off into the distance. Alex was humming something as he swung his feet, nodding his head to each side as he did so, leaving Kade to his stuff. Me? I was just sitting there, running my thumb over the worn down beads and staring at the dark water. Dr. Nolind would be fascinated with the ocean scenery and just the feeling of being an across the world adventure and not cooped up in the city. Maybe it was best if I left?

“Ka-…Shark Bait.” I quickly cleared my throat, seeing him peek up at me but only for a second.

He sighed, rolling his shoulders. “Yes, ma’am.”

“What with the scythe, blade thingy exactly?”

He shrugged, now giving his full attention on me. “I don’t know,  why do you shift into a wolf when you can’t handle your anger?” I groaned, staring harder at him. He suddenly twitched a smirk then, raising his hand towards me . “Let me answer that for you.” He sat up more straight, “Because it’s like your backup energy, when do feel like biting them or throwing them like bats and leeches do. You shift. Simple answer.” He placed his hand on his chest, smirking bigger then. “Now I have no such talent to shift into anything badass but-.” He shrugged, glancing to Aiden who snorted and smirked from him to me.

“Clearly, you can tell he’s not like us.”

“Clearly.” I grumbled, meeting Kade’s devilish grin.

Kade nodded, planting the the blunt blackened end on the ground “I call it Sin.”

“Sin?” I raised a brow. “Kind of sounds stupid.”

“Coming from the one who’s rubbing beads around her neck.” He snorted, “Oh okay!”

“Because they belong to someone very dear to me, shut up!” I growled.

“Well this was made from someone very dear to me watch it.” He lost his smirk, feeling the silence utterly come upon us. I sighed heavily, bluntly looking and chewing on the inside of my cheek.

“What does it do?” Alex spoke up now.

“Whatever you want.”

Alex gasped with amazement as I just rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

Aiden crossed his arms. “So what’s the plan?”

“Were going through the peace keeper gates.”

Aiden nodded and turned away, Alex grew confused. “The Peace Keeper’s gate.”

“Yeah.” I exhaled through my nose, keeping eye contact with Kade. “I remember Dr…Nolind was studying this such Peace Keeper file a couple months back when their such hefty armour made out of-.” Kade quickly cut in; grinning.

“Gold and Steel blended.” He raised a brow.

I inhaled a big breath, nodding. “It was the gauntlet, I remember he brought pictures home to see if I knew anything about it. But like that, I’m unknown to the human world too. There was were traces of writing or some kind of symbols all over it and glowed vibrant yellow when under water, someone exactly dropped in the sink.” I rolled my eyes.

Kade clapped his hand, being a smartass. “Good job, you only skinned the top layer of the onion. So you are useful!”

I growled, flashing a glare to Aiden softly said my name. Flicking my cold glare on  him, he lowered his hand as to calm down, biting my lip and looking back to Kade when he chuckled. “Well, you see,  your Dr. Nolind is quite right on that. But now it’s my turne to fill in the abyss cracks in your brain.” I growled deeper but he just laughed some more. “Well, you see, Peace keepers having been around since the Myan time. They were scattered all over the world, no one know where they really came from. There just here.”  He shrugged, dropping his hands on his lap as his sin leaned against his right shoulder. “You see, I met one. A few years back. Jesus Christ, they’re huge.” He huffed, glancing over at Aiden who cleared his throat.

“But you said they been sleeping for years, you watch over their grounds?”

Kade held a finger up, biting his lip but still smiled. “I was on my rounds when I ran into one, it was near the Bermunda Triangle when I ran into it. Damn, this thing was pissed. Slash over slash over slash.” I held my hand up, stopping him.

“I thought they’re peace keepers.” I raised a brow. “Hint the name.”

He waved his hand at me, “Yes, just like the army. Peace keepers, they’ll do anything to keep the peace. These giant tin guys don’t fight for any flag, any president. Just the world and its fate. They’ll fight for you in a second but can measly turn on you the next, there machines not to be messed with.”

“This tin giant.” Aiden grumbled. “What happened to it?”

He shrugged, “He disappeared right in front of my eyes.”

Alex gasped with amazement. “In front of your eyes?”

I rose a brow in disbelief as Kade nodded, “Yeah, besides  the sand was stirred under the water so I really couldn’t him that well.”

“Wait.” I sighed, “You were fighting under water?”

Kade tiled his head back a little. “You really don’t like my story do you?”

“It’s hard to believe.”

“As well in a girl who has thirst for blood and flesh yet you haven’t had a drop or layer of skin in your mouth for a couple of days and your calm as a gelding.” He cracked a grin, “Oh yes, that’s hard to believe.”

I growled, “This doesn’t concern me and my hunger.” Taking a step towards him. Aiden said my name but I growled louder, “You think you know me, tell me something Kade. Why was I left in the forest all those years ago and found by some religious scientist who studied the unnatural?”

“Because your parents left you for dead.” He blinked, slowly losing his smile. “They knew those eco freaks were going to venture the island so they knew you’d be in better hands.”

“Better hands?!” I  snarled. “Hands that would cut me open and take my organs out!”

“But they didn’t.” He blinked, twitching a tiny smile. “He didn’t, am I right?”

I balled my hands up to into fist, taking another step till I felt the blade tap my throat. Aiden growled at me but Kade raised his hand towards him, kade smiled and leaned his other arm on his knee. “Tell me, mixblood. If I slit your throat, will you whimper like a puppy or scream like woman getting raped?” He tilted his head to the side, his hair falling to the side reveal a slivery scare on his temple. I swallowed, glaring at him. He licked his lips and looked me up and down. “ I would tell you the entire story but not now, your mind is too premature for it.”

“Premature?! “I growled, pressed against the cold steel. Feeling a tingling a sensation surge through me then, seeing a flash of Dr. Nolind crouching down in front of me with a frail smile. In another flash, there was that silhouette in the smog when the cops cornered me. My eyelids fluttered them away, taking a step back and grabbed my head. Kade leaned his sin back on his shoulder and sighed.

“In time, you’ll learn why that all truly happened.” He stood up and walked over to me, towering over me. He had scent of women, sex, and cologne on him. He leaned down, his lips brush my cheek to my ar. “And why I know and care about you so much.” Once said, he bumped shoulder and walked past me.

He…knew me?

Was he from my past?