"Oh. I forgot to tell you. Since the poolhouse is a mess, and what happened concerning your vehicle accident the other day...I told my dad he could stay in the guestroom downstairs." She finished, with this unsure look on ha face.

I was silent as ma mind processed ha words.

"I kinda feel sorry that he had to go through two fires in his lifetime...Lord knows I would've had a panic attack in there if it was me," she continued.

I snapped out of it, as I shook ma head lightly.

"Babeh," I began. Preparing to tell ha what I had overheard.

She gazed up into ma eyes awaitin my words

"Mr and Mrs Alsina?" A fire woman came up and asked.

"It's just Mr Alsina. He ain't that lucky yet," Mikaela joked.

"I'm sorry," the firewoman chuckled, " but may I just confirm tomorrow with you two?"

"Yeah sure." I said quickly, wantin' ta get on with what I had ta say but not wantin ta be disrespectful at da same time"

"Alright. So Ms. Montgomery here," she corrected herself as she spoke, " she's confirmed with us that it's possible to conclude our investigation tomorrow. And that she'll be available from 7 til 11 am"

I nodded and gave ma go ahead, " that sounds aight"

"So we'll use the daylight to determine da point of origin of the fire and give you all some insight. Just be cautious that for insurance purposes, if what Mr Montgomery says doesn't match what we find tomorrow it could be considered as insurance fraud and he could be held liable," she finished explainin.

Mikaela looked at me awaitin ma approval.

If he was lyin' bout how that fire started then da experts would determine that.

"That's fine," I finally said.

"Okay, you all have a good evening and I'll see you tomorrow," she said befo leavin.

"So what's on that mind of yours?" Mikaela rubbed her arms from da cold night air and asked.

"Nothin ma, a nigga just tired. Come sleep wit me." I said as I wrapped an arm around ha and lead her to da house.

I would hate ta put suspicious thoughts about ha old man in Mikaela's head, I thought. She already did dat shit enough, and it was prolly rubbin' off on a nigga too. Now, prolly she was finally gon' open up ta him- seeing dat she invited him in our home on ha own.

I'd just wait fa da fire investigation report and if da nigga was lyin' then I'd tell ha what I'd overheard.....

****************
The Next Day
Mikaela

"And and....it went wooosh!...and then...daddy went...and...and..dadadada!...like superman...and I shake my head! And...uncka T take me inside. Then I showed him it was this bigggg!..."

Brie went on giving Dawn a recap of the events that took place last night surrounding the fire.

Dawn sat staring straight ahead with Brie sitting in her lap, as she went on with her story giving expressions and everything.

"And I say Oh nooo! Eddy's mansion has smokes in it!" Brie continued

"Bruhhh," Dawn said softly though I still heard, and with her bored expression plastered over her face

"Wowww Brie brie, that's a awesome story. You know what? You should write a book! Go head and start it," Dawn snapped out of her boredom and said cheerfully to Brie.