My only exception

Start from the beginning

"There is a girl out there for you Lo. She will love you with everything she has, and when your together, everything will feel perfect. It won't be awkward, because she'll make you feel loved and safe. I promise you Lo, your not meant to be alone." Camila said with a small smile.

Lauren shrugged looking at her feet. "I'd rather be alone to be honest." Lauren said quietly.

Ally furrowed her brows and asked, "Why?"

"Because loving someone is like playing Russian roulette with your heart. I don't want to play. People die. People leave. People throw you away. I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. If you don't get close to people, then they can't hurt you. I'd rather be alone than hope for something that's never gonna happen. I'm nothing special, if I was, than I wouldn't be as alone as I am. Sure I have friends now, and I care about them, but I won't ever let someone have the power to break me again. I'm happy this way.... honest. Some of us just aren't meant for true love in this world, and I'm one of them. I'm not upset about it, I accepted it a long time ago."Lauren finished softly, avoiding their gaze.

The girls looked on the verge of tears, as they listen to the broken woman's words.

"We should keep going, the bookstore isn't far." Lauren said ignoring their gazes as she continued down the street.

They trailed behind her, distracted. The girls couldn't help but feel guilty for their role in Lauren believing how unimportant she was. They were stopped when a girl approached Lauren as they were about to enter the bookstore.

"Hey Liv. I thought Bianca was with you? " Lauren greeted smiling.

The teen smiled sadly at Lauren and said, "She isn't doing so good, so I thought I'd get her a book to distract herself. Any suggestions?"

Lauren was quiet for a moment, and said, "Do I wanna know. Its in the Camren section, and I think there's a few parts in there that might help her. "

Camila snapped her head to Lauren  completely confused. "Camren?" she stuttered.

"Oh my god, its Camila Cabello!" The teen squealed excited.

Lauren chuckled saying, "Camz meet your biggest fan."

Camila looked at the blonde teen fondly. "Hi, whats your name honey." Camila asked smiling.

"Oh my gosh, I'm Olivia. You're my favorite member! I love banana's too!" Olivia introduced her self beyond excited.

The four girls laughed at her introduction. "Nice to meet you hon. Lo said something about a Camren section? Is that in the book store?" Camila finished, dying of curiosity.

The teen nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, Lo buys fan fiction from people and sells it in her store. We have all kinds! Camren's the biggest seller, but Laurinah, and Norminah is a close second. Then there's Dally, and others but to be honest there's only like two Camaustin in there and they've been there forever. It's not a popular ship." Olivia added grinning.

Lauren smirked smugly saying, "I only  bought one or two of that asshole's ship to be fair to the fans. Camren beats all."

Camila looked at Lauren in shock. "You used to hate Camren!" she exclaimed.

"That was when I was hiding. I don't have to anymore. You know about me, so does most the people in this town. I can like what ever I want here. Have you ever read any of these stories? They're amazing! It's seriously scary how their imaginations work." Lauren shrugged smiling.

Camila rubbed her temples frustrated. "I swear, I got made fun of for watching the videos, and you read the books! How fair is that!"

Lauren shrugged again saying, "Time changes everything."