"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

At half past eleven that evening, Amie was sitting in the common room, waiting for Hermione. They'd planned it so she would wait outside the common room to open the portrait for Harry, who would be under the invisibility cloak to go see Hagrid. Finally the portrait opened, and Hermione walked in, joining Amie on the couch.
"Did he get out?" Amie whispered.
"Yeah," she whispered back.
"It's gonna be a long night," Amie said.
"Harry's will be longer still." Hermione replied.
"All right. I still wish I could see Sirius too," Amie mumbled.
"Amie," Hermione said sternly.
"What? He's my friend! And I knew him before Harry did!" Amie argued, whispering the last bit.
"Don't be selfish." Hermione said. "Harry has more need of him than you do."
"I know," Amie said, sinking down into the couch glumly. "And don't call me selfish,"
"Selfish?" said a new voice, and Fred and George sat down on Amie's left side, George - who was the one who spoke - closest to Amie. "You're calling Amie selfish, Hermione? What's she done now?"
"None of your business!" Hermione snapped, pressured at their inquiry. She stood up abrubtly. "Amie, you've got this, don't you?"
Amie knew exactly what she was referring to. She nodded.
"I'll handle it," Amie said.
"You don't mind me going to bed then? I'm beat," Hermione said, making sure.
"Go ahead, Hermione," Amie assured.

As Hermione smiled and left them to go up to their dormitory, Fred and George looked at Amie suspiciously.
"What was that about?" Fred asked.
"It really is none of your business," Amie said, turning away from them and looking into the fireplace where the common fire was crackling merrily.
"I see we won't get anything out of you -" George started.
"- so we'll just have to -" Fred continued.
"Don't even dare," Amie warned, understanding their plan was to tickle her. "It won't work,"
Fred and George groaned.
"Have we gotten predictable, Gred?"
"We'll have to work on that, Forge,"

The twins stood up, looking down at Amie.
"You caught us this time, Jones," Fred said.
"Next time you won't be that lucky," George finished.
"Looking forward to it, Weasleys," Amie smiled wickedly.
"We've trained her well," George told Fred.
"Maybe too well," Fred replied, and with a smile the two went upstairs.
Amie sat by the fire, bored, waiting for the time to pass.
"Hey Amie," said a new voice, and next thing Amie knew, Ron, Dean, Seamus and Neville had joined her.
"Hey guys," she smiled at them.
"What ya doin', eh?" said Ron, doing an excellent impression of Hagrid. Amie laughed.
"Nothing much," she replied.
"Where's Hermione and Harry?" asked Neville. Amie saw Ron scowl when Harry was mentioned.
"Up in their dormitories, I expect," Amie shrugged.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

About an hour later everyone had gone to bed. Amie smiled to herself, glad that she hadn't needed to set off a dungbomb to clear the room. It was about a quarter to one, and Harry better hurry if her was going to make it on time.
"Hurry up, Harry," Amie muttered impatiently to herself.
At about five to one, the portrait opened up and Amie heard Harry's footsteps coming closer.
"Amie," he said, taking off the cloak.
"Don't worry, I'm not staying," Amie said, standing up. "Just give him this, all right?"
She handed over a letter to him. Harry looked at it for a second before taking it and nodding.
"We'll talk about everything tomorrow, okay?" Amie said, looking sternly at Harry, making sure it was both a promise and a demand.
"Sure," Harry said. "Good night."
"Have a nice chat, Harry." Amie smiled, and left up the dormitory.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The next morning when Amie woke up, she quickly shook Hermione awake, and the two girls left for breakfast discussing Harry, Hagrid and Sirius.
"Harry got back really late, it was only a few minutes to one - Hagrid must've told him something very important." Amie said.
"I just hope he doesn't sleep for much longer, the suspense is killing me," Hermione joked.
"There's Ginny, come on," Amie indicated to the end of the Gryffindor table where Ginny was sitting alone.

About fifteen minutes later, a distracted Harry showed up. He refused to eat anything, and when Amie and Hermione were finished with breakfast, he practically dragged them from the hall and onto the grounds. As they started another walk around the lake, he told them everything that happened. How the first task was getting past a dragon, how Cedric was probably the only one who wouldn't know because Hagrid showed Madam Maxime, and Harry had run into Karkaroff not far from where the dragons were. That Sirius had said that Karkaroff was a Death Eater, and possibly the reason why Dumbledore'd hired Moody. That he'd said Harry only needed a simple spell to get past the dragon, but Ron had showed up before he told him what spell. Amie and Hermione kept quiet as he talked, listening with rapt attention. Alarmed at the news about Karkaroff, Amie and Hermione still thought the dragons were the bigger issue at the moment.
"Let's just try and keep you alive until Tuesday evening," said Hermione. "and then we can worry about Karkaroff,"

Though they walked three times around the lake, none of them could figure out a simple spell that could subdue a dragon, so they went to the library where all three of them took down as many books about dragons as they could carry off the shelves. They started reading, but soon realised that the books they'd chosen weren't going to cut it, so Harry picked up some spellbooks instead that he started flicking through while Hermione mumbled away into his ear. Amie was checking through books as well, but found it difficult to concentrate as Hermione talked. Finally Harry snapped.
"Hermione," he said. "will you shut up for a bit, please? I'm trying to concentrate,"
Amie chuckled at Harry's attempt at harshness. Sometimes he really was too polite.

As Hermione fell silent, Amie could focus a lot easier, but she still couldn't find anything of value. In the back of her head, she knew that she had the answer. Maybe not what Sirius was going to suggest, but she had something. If she could only access it.
"Oh no, he's back again, why can't he read on his stupid ship?" Hermione said annoyed as Viktor walked in, casting a glance at them before sitting down in a corner with a pile of books. "Come on guys, we'll go back to the common room... his fan club'll be here in a moment, twittering away..."
"You go on," Amie said. "I'll join you later,"

As Hermione and Harry left the library Amie joined Viktor in the corner.
"Nice going, Prince charming," she joked.
"They left because of me?" Viktor groaned in his thick accent.
"Yeah," Amie chuckled. "Because of that, actually,"
Amie pointed behind her, where a few feet away, a bunch of girls were hiding behind a bookshelf. Viktor groaned again, rubbing his face.
"Don't worry about it, Vic," Amie smiled.
"How can I not?" he said. "How can I ask her if she always leaves the room when I enter it?"
"Wait 'til after the first task, that's my tip," Amie said. "And if I know Hermione, she won't say yes straight away, but don't be discouraged. She'll go with you,"
"Thank you," Viktor smiled.
"Speaking of the first task, I'll have to go and support my friend now, he's kind of freaking out." Viktor nodded in understanding. "See you later," Amie waved.
"Bye, Amie," Viktor waved back.

#############################

I know the second half of the chapter might've been suckish, but I hoped you liked the first bit - there was quite a lot of my own writing :)

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment, vote, fan, bye! :D