Tarik

I get a call from Kahlil saying he wants to watch soccer. I wasn't really doing anything but laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling. It would be good to be around people instead of in the house alone. I get up and head outside to my car.

I knock on the door and little Alia opens it. She smiles at me and salaams me. I salaam her back as I enter. I salaam everyone else and join Kahlil in the living room. He was already hyped up about the game. I guess his team was winning. "As salaamu alaykum," I say sitting down. He replys his eyes stuck on the TV.

Someone walks in. I look up and notice it was Yasmin, I didn't know she was back. She walks back out with a sigh. "I didn't know Yasmin came back," I say to Kahlil. "Yeah, she came back two weeks ago," he says sounding unhappy about it. I didn't feel like asking what's up. I tried to focus on the game but was unable.

"So what's up with you and Yasmin?" I ask after the game. Kahlil chuckles "nothing's up with us," he says looking at the ground. There was knocking on the door. I hear the door being opened.

Brother Karam; Khalil's dad and Uncle Jamal walks in along with his wife Khadijah and two kids Lilia and Jay. I shake Brother Karam and Jamal's hands as the walk in and salaam everyone else. They all sit down as if they were going to talk about something important. I couldn't decide if I should leave or not.

"So... Brother Omar's son Rashid is looking for wife... he's a great man and very religious," Brother Jamal starts. I was confused on what they were talking about but since they didn't tell me to leave I just sit there listening. "Do you think he'd be great fit?" Sister Amina, Khalil's mom asks. I didn't know who they were looking for a husband for Lilia or Yasmin. "Lilia, Yasmin is upstairs," Brother Karam says to her. Lilia springs up and hurries upstairs.

"When can we meet them?" Sister Amina asks. "Tomorrow," Brother Jamal answers. "Tomorrow, don't you think that's a bit early?" Sister Khadijah answers. "That was the time they were free, and besides we'll be ready," Brother Karam says. I blocked out their conversation for a while as they talk about what they'll talk about and all of that and the boy.

"I hope Yasmin will be happy," Sister Amina says. That took me by shock, but I couldn't tell why, I didn't know why this entire time I was hoping they were looking for husband for Lilia. Sister Amina gets up "I'll tell her the news," she says walking out.

They talk some more but I stop listening; everything was just so shocking. I sigh once the parents leave. "Hey, is Yasmin going to marry this guy?" I question Kahlil. "I hope not," he says. "Why not?" I question. He sighs. "Let's talk outside," he says. I was going to complain but I get up and we sit on the step outside.

"My sister, she may be annoy and makes me look stupid but she's still my sister and I want the best for her not some rich freak," he says. I was shocked at what he was saying and the fact that he was judging this person before he met him. "I met this Rashid dude, he's not good, he's ok but not good for my sister," he states. That explains a lot. "What kind of man is good for?" I question kind of curious.

Khalil chuckles look at me. "You like Yasmin?" he questions. I didn't respond because I didn't know how; I myself didn't know the answer. "Don't worry, if things don't go well with that dude you'll be in line next," he says with a smile. I didn't speak after that my heart beats quickened. "I mean to get to know her, not marry right away," he adds. "Of course," I hear myself agreeing out loud, Kahlil just laughs.

I couldn't believe I was agreeing to marriage; well hopefully. If everything works out but only Allah (God) knows what's going to happen. Things only happen for the best.