{XVI.} Fish Tank Situation.

Start from the beginning

Alia eyes got cold, "We also followed you to be our queen. We are Mermaids." she coldly said.

Vanessa raised her chin, "We are. And I am your queen so listen to me." she said, her eyes looking at Adalyn next to her and she nodded. She looked back at the girls, "Do as I say or go back to the Arctic. I don't need trouble makers." she said before turning away.

*

Raphael and James meet them at the large fishing area where the girls watched the fish swimming around in a large glass case. Vanessa hugged Raphael, feeling a little relieved since she felt stressed.

"I have to tell you something." he said. She pulled away from the hug, looking at him confused. "Queen Severina came to me last night." he said, making her eyes get big. "She knows we're planning something but she isn't sure what it is." He looked at the girls before taking her hand and pulled them away. They went over behind a rack of camouflage jackets , "I don't think we should do this."

Her eyebrows came together, "Raphael, we're doing this to help James. He'll die if we don't--"

"He should have told us he was sick then." he said. "Or just stayed away at all. He got himself into this mess, we didn't do anything."

She scoffed, "Raphael, stop being like this. There's nothing going on between--"

"It's not that." he said quickly. "We both know how strong Queen Severina is. I'm sorry Nessie but she's stronger than you and I won't lose you because of him."

She frowned up at up but knew he was right. Queen Severina was stronger than her and she knew challenging her for her most prized possession was dangerous.

"If he wants it badly, make him go get it. He needs it so he should go try and find it." he said.

She pulled away, "He won't have much time after he turns to learn how to use his powers. Raphael, I know it concerns you but the girls and you are going to go with me. I'll try my very best to make sure I fight as hard as I can." She brought her hands up to his neck, "I know Queen Severina stronger, scarier but she caused this mess herself. She should have knew someday her mermaids will go against her."

"Imagine what happened to the ones that did already and didn't get to make it to the Arctic." he said. "We stop aging but we're not indestructible, remember that Vanessa."

She stared up at him before resting her head on his chest. His arms went around her, holding her tightly in his arms.

"Hey, what are you girls doing up there?" Vanessa heard a man say. Confused, she pulled away and ran over towards the girls. She found them climbing onto a large rock with buckets in her hands trying to steal the fish from the tank and security trying to get them off. Vanessa groaned as she ran over as a security guard waved at them, "Put them back in and get down ladies."

Tavia huffed heavily as she looked away and Hasina hissed, "Are you the ones holding these poor fish in this glass case for your pleasure to watch them? Their not side show entertainment."

The five security guards looked at each confused and Vanessa sighed heavily, "Girls, do as they say and get down! Put them back first!"

Kyoko shook her head, "We don't listen to them."

"Okay well I say put them back and get down." she said.

"Ladies, just do as we say and you won't get in trouble." another one said.

Vaness ran her fingers across her hair in frustration, "Their not in there for side show entertainment. People like fish, think their beautiful."

"They want to be in the oceans, that's where their homes are." Ninda said.