Curiousity

Noor kept staring at Yazaan still not certain if he was the new Paying Guest. He was tall around 6 feet with average personality dressed in formal blue shirt and grey trousers. He was wheatish with warm chocolate eyes covered behind thin spectacle. The hairs were silky black as they brushed his forehead with innocent young face. Noor wondered if he was 'Zaid Jiju's cousin' when Anfal stepped in saying his salaam as she offered her hand to shake as Yazaan's gaze never left Noor. He refused to take her hand.

"Assalaamualaikum, Yazaan. I am Anfal and this is my kid sister Noor. Welcome." She said courteously as he smiled tight lipped nodding at her picking up his suitcase and his hand -carry. He stepped inside and his eyes went to the couch which was scattered with clothes and stuff.

He didn't even care to return Anfal's greeting which pissed Noor. Who does he think he is?

"I am sorry...we returned late from College so the maid will be here any minute and she will clean everything." Anfal said ashamed as she eagerly snatched their pajamas and tossed it on the sofa glaring at Noor.

Noor shrugged as she was in no mood to impress the stranger. This is her house and damn him, why should they be scared?

"Where is my room?" He asked finally as his voice was heavy and his eyes kept returning back to Noor who was studying him.

"Right at the corner." Anfal said politely guiding him as he struggled with his luggage. Noor returned back to his room as she tossed the pajamas away as she was unable to accept that she will have an intruder staying at her place. Someone who appeared so stiff and reserved.

"Alhumdulillah..he liked the room." Anfal sighed returning back fifteen minutes later with some cash in her hand.

"Didi...I don't like 'The Uncle'. Ask him to leave!" Noor complained as Anfal couldn't believe her sister.

"Noor! We need the money and he will be staying for few days...Come on! You can manage." She said rolling her eyes.

"I am scared staying with some stranger under one roof. What do you know about his intentions?" Noor said cautiously when her Didi slapped her head again.

"Noor, stop watching 'Crime Patrol and Savdhaan India' please." She warned. "He is Zaid's cousin and I am engaged in that family. How is he stranger?"

Noor rolled her eyes muttering under her breath that she is definitely going to lose her freedom as she enjoyed staying alone and go around as she wished. The idea of staying with some stranger was unsettling.

"Di! You could have selected some female PG!" Noor called to her sister who had disappeared behind a washroom. She stepped out with pile of dirty clothes and dumped it in the automatic washing machine in the balcony.

"Noor...I needed a man here. Someone who grants us security." Anfal said knowingly. "You remember last week about a robbery in the next lane. I am scared to stay all alone on my own with you."

"I know it's not safe but you think you can trust 'The Uncle' for our safety." Noor said signaling with her eyes as Anfal couldn't help smiling at her sister. She admired the way she addressed the new PG.

"I don't know but I hope we will get along with him. He doesn't look welcoming." Anfal confessed to Noor. "Zaid used to be all praises for him so I agreed but now I am beginning to reconsider."

"So why don't you refuse?" Noor asked confused.

"Noor, he is from my in-laws side. You know how sensitive such issues are." Anfal said as Noor looked at her puzzled. "You are still young and when you are involved in such tender relationships, you have to be very careful about yourself because one mistake can destroy anything. I cannot lose Zaid..not now."

Noor knew how dearly her sister Anfal loved Zaid and their marriage was planned in a month in Shaa Allah. Noor could sense uneasiness in Anfal's voice as she looked worried so she sat up and dropped a kiss on her sister's cheek.

"Di...I will manage...for you." She said making her smile.

"Thank you, Noor." Anfal said when somebody rang the bell. She knew it was the maid as her elder sister disappeared behind the door to prepare some Breakfast and Lunch for three of them.

What was weird is that Yazaan didn't show up at the table. Anfal knocked his door twice but he didn't respond and they left the meal at the table hoping he would show up but he didn't. They exchanged weird glances hoping him to step out and finally he did.

"Hey, Yazaan Bhaai....I have made some meal for you. Please have it." Anfal said politely as he eyed both of them frowning.

"Thank you. Please call me Yazaan and I am going out right now. Please, don't make anything for me. I am here as a paying guest and nothing else." He said a little sternly as Noor sent glances to Anfal who moved back by his cold behavior.

"Okay..Yazaan." She agreed as he disappeared behind a spare toilet. They didn't talk but exchanged glances and soon he changed into a track pant with a Tee-shirt getting ready to leave.

"Yazaan...here is the key to the house." Anfal offered hesitantly as he accepted it and she kept her condition. "Please return before 10.30 in the evening."

"Alright." He nodded without questioning as she hurried away. Noor studied the situation as Anfal let out a heavy sigh.

"Who is he?" Noor shuddered from inside. "He is so conserved and stiff. I wonder if he smiles ever."

"He gives me a Goosebumps too." Anfal said nodding. "I am glad he is gone."

"Me too." Noor added as Anfal shrugged.

"I have this feeling that I made a mistake renting a room to someone from my in-law's side." She said.

"We will get through it, Didi.." Noor assured her as she smiled at her sister. Noor grew curious about Yazaan as she wondered why he is so hard, cold and reserved. He doesn't look friendly and she wondered how they will manage with him in this house. Who was he and she needed to know more about him.

(To be contd...........)

Media: Uploaded Yazaan Siddiqui's image