Chapter 39b

**QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT**

Hi angels,

Wattys 2015 have began!!!

Please show your support for Married to the Prince of Darkness by voting for me on twitter!!!

All you need to do is share my story on twitter with the hashtag #MyWattysChoice OR go to my twitter profile (I will put a link in the comment section) and retweet my vote tweet. Remember you can vote, retweet for as many stories as you like, as many times as you like- so go crazy!

I hope you can join me on twitter to celebrate the wattys 2015 :D

**********

The cool rush of air filled my lung and I opened my eyes. I was on the floor facing upwards at the bathroom ceiling light. The bright light dazzled me and with one arm I weakly covered my eyes. My arm felt heavy and cumbersome to move, and as I moved I could feel a sticky warm wetness which I knew without looking was my blood.

Outside I could hear Luc screaming my name behind the bathroom door. I lifted my head up and saw the entire door shaking violently in the frame. With detached interest I wondered to myself if the door was actually made out of steel to withstand the force of Luc's blows. The thought was familiar but I was too weak to remember exactly when I had thought it before. The events that led up to this point were hazy, and all I knew I was that I was injured and Luc was unable to reach me.

I had to get up and off the bathroom floor to unlock the door, so with great effort and pain I rolled onto my side slipping in the blood and glass. I began to half crawl and half slide towards the bath and as I did so I heard the sound of splintering wood as the hinges of the bathroom door broke through the wooden door frame. The once solid and unmovable door suddenly became like cardboard, fracturing and breaking as Luc tore his way into the bathroom.

Luc stepped into the bathroom and immediately stilled. The color from his face drained and he took in the full horror of the scene. He said something, I think it might have been a swear word but I didn't really hear- I was too weak from blood loss. Lying in my own blood I looked up at him and said, "I am not feeling too great."

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, fuck- what the hell happened?!" He breathed crossing the room and sinking down on the floor next to me.

"I don't remember." I replied woozily.

Luc swore under his breath and with trembling fingers framed my face and whispered, "What the hell happened here baby?"

I stared up at him while lying in the sea of blood and broken mirror and replied, "I told you, I don't remember."

He swore under his breath and started to pull me onto his lap. Frantically he began to call for help, and somewhere in the distance I heard the sound of footsteps hammering down the corridor.

"Shit, shit, shit... Mia- my Mia, hang on." Luc said holding me close.

"It's okay," I said absentmindedly, "I am not going anywhere."

I was trying to reassure Luc but my words seem to upset him even more. He pulled me closer, whispering my name over and over, cradling my body against his. Outside the bedroom door opened and I heard Nico yelling, "Luc? Mia?"

"In here!" Luc yelled.

Nico ran into the bathroom and stopped when he saw the carnage. He looked down at me like some kind of bloody Ophelia resurrected from the dead and mummured, "What in God's name happened here..."

Luc replied with a panicked, "I don't know but she is freezing cold."

"Shit- she needs blood." Nico replied picking up a piece of broken mirror from the floor and walking over to me. Crouching down next to me he looked at Luc and said, "She needs to feed from us."

"You're kidding me." I replied.

Luc adjusted me in his arms and said, "Baby you need blood now, and this is the quickest way for us to give it to you."

I looked at both Luc and Nico uneasily and saw the urgency in their eyes. The situation was dire and although this was not exactly what I wanted, this is what I needed to do to survive. Reluctantly I conceded with a nodded and turned my head away as Nico grabbed the mirror shard and ran it across his wrist to create a deep bloody furrow. The scent of fresh blood filled my lungs and I felt a terrible burning hunger.

Nico carefully lowered his wrist to my mouth and I began to drink deeply. Rich nourishing blood filled my mouth and I swallowed it in large gulps. It felt like ice cold water on a hot summer day. It revived and revitalized me, and I felt my strength returning to me along with my sense... and my memories.

I stopped feeding on Nico wrist and pushed his wrist away from me. Disoriented fragments of an important memory began to take shape in the forefront of my mind. I couldn't understand it yet. I was too weak and I was confused to understand it so I lay in Luc's arms staring up at the ceiling as I allowed Nico's blood to replenish and strengthen my system.

"Mia... baby?" Luc said softly stroking my hair.

I focused on Luc, but all I could see in my mind's eye were the fragments of a dark room and nurse with a blue vial. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to remember harder. There was something important I needed to remember...

"Mia?" Luc said again softly.

I opened my eyes and looked up at Luc and replied, "Sorry, I am trying to remember something important."

"It's okay baby," Luc replied tenderly.

No- it wasn't okay. Something was wrong. Something was deeply wrong. The nurse had done something... she had done something to contaminate the bags of blood which fed me while I was unconscious. Then I remembered the nurse with the syringe and blue vial, and slowly the memory pieced itself together.

"That bitch," I suddenly said out loud, "That little bitch."