Prologue.

Sequel to The Things I Would Do For You.

Breathe in- slowly, gently, deeply- Breathe out -Unknown

-Jymil in the MM

Jymil Nico Scott,

I walked down the empty streets in the dark. It's literally cold outside- I rubbed my hands together, breathing on them so that they can warm up a bit. Cars past by, prostitutes trying to get some from me in the raggedy building that was behind them.

I was just trying to get back home.

My heart started beating rapidly, turning into a narrow pathway. Hearing soft cries, I squinted my eyes. I saw a girl laying on the ground, staying close to the brick wall. I approached her, squatting down beside her body. Her face wasn't visible, and I was about to tap her shoulder- she quickly pushed my chest.

"Don't touch me" She sobbed

My eyes widened as I saw her face all bruised up. Biting my bottom lip, I tilted my head. She breathed heavily, her cries getting a bit louder as she backed up.

"Hey, hey, I'm not goin' to hurt you, love" I said, caressing her arm

She furrowed her eyebrows, my other hand wiping her tears away. I stared into her brown eyes, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Do you have anywhere to go?" I questioned, examining her facial features

"No" She spoke hoarsely

I raised my eyebrow, "So you wander the streets by yourself?"

"Umm, yes" She said skeptically

I pursed my lips, looking at her body. Her clothes were all torn and dirty, blood seeping through.

"I'll take you back to my place. Get you cleaned up a bit, hm?" I grinned

"I don't know you"

"C'mon-"

"No"

A loud gunshot filled the quiet air and she hugged me tightly. I chuckled, "It's gonna be alright, babygirl. What's your name?"

"It's Mysterious"

"Wait, pardon?"

"Mysterious, that's my name" She moused

"Well, Mysterious, I'm Jymil. Nice to meet you" I whispered in her ear, feeling her body quiver

"Aye!" A man shouted "Fuck ya on her fa?"

"Who the hell are you?" I looked at him

"None of ya damn business. Mysterious, get the fuck up- right now" He snarled. She shook her head, causing him to snatch her up "I own ya damn ugly ass, get in the car"

"Nigga, you can't just-" He pulled his gun out, pointing it at me

"I can do whatever the fuck I want, aight?" He spat, then put his attention on Mysterious "Didn't I tell your fat ass to get in the damn car, bitch? Go"

"Nah, she comin' with me" I grabbed her hand

"Excuse me?" He snarled, grabbing her arm "Mysterious, get in the fuckin' car!"

Snatching the gun out his hand, I aimed it at him, "I said she's comin' with me, nigga. Go 'head, leave"

He kissed his teeth, "I got your ass"

"Don't give a shit, leave"

~~

Walking back into my bedroom with a plate of Mac 'n' Cheese and Grilled Chicken Tacos, I placed it on the desk. Mysterious sat in a chair next to the bed, watching my every move. She looked away once I caught her staring, scratching the side of her face.

I did clean her up a bit when she got here, so she's just sitting here- doing nothing.

I chuckled, "Your food's hot. Wanna take a little shower before you eat, or?"

She only nodded, standing up. I led her to the bathroom, and she stood in front of the mirror, then looked my way.

"Get undressed" I said, she started to take off her shirt, but stopped and glared into my eyes

"Um?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll just uh, shit, okay" I walked out, closing the bathroom door

As I waited for her to get undressed, I got her a wash cloth and a towel. She tossed her clothes out the door and held her hand out. Handing her the things she needed, I realized that she might not know how to use the shower.

"Hey, um, how do you turn on the shower?" She peeked out, diverting her eyes to the floor

"Can I, y'know? Walk in?" I cleared my throat, and she nodded

She pressed the towel to her body as I went to turn the shower on for her. She whispered a thank you, getting in to stand in the tub. She moved the shower curtain and then threw the towel over the railing.

After about 20 minutes, she finished. I gave her some baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt. She sat on the bed in Indian style. She messed with the shirt a bit, looking at TV.

"You're not hungry?" I asked

"No"

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Last week"

"C'mon, you gotta-"

"No thank you" She sighed, backing up to the pillows

I knew she wasn't comfortable with me yet, but I wanted her to eat- I didn't wanna force anything upon her. Putting the plate back on the desk, I went to head out the door.

I peeked in to see her pick up the plate, looking at the food and began to eat the Mac 'n' Cheese with her fork.

Smiling, I looked to see my dad calling.

"Hello?"

"You got $20 I can borrow?"

"Jahmiah, stop asking the boy for money all the damn time" Mom shouted

"That nigga owe me $100 anyway, fuck you mean?"

"No, Pops. Ion got 20 bucks" I pulled my wallet out, seeing three 100 dollar bills and a 20. "Nah, I don't"

"Where the condoms at?" Mom asked him, and it was loud and clear

"Ew, what the fuck?" I frowned

I saw Mysterious walk down the steps with her empty plate in her hand, causing me to smile wider. She blushed.

"Hey, I'mma have to go"

"Bye lil nigga"

"Bye Pops" I chuckled, hanging up the phone. I walked over to Mysterious, taking the plate out her hand "You wasn't hungry, huh?"

She blushed furiously, rubbing her arms.

"You cold?" I asked, putting the plate on the kitchen counter

"Yeah" She cleared her throat "I'll j-just, um, go upstairs"

She turned around, quickly going to the steps. My eyes darted to her wide bottom and hips as well as her thick thighs.

"Damn," I groaned, rubbing my face with my hands "Just damn"