Yuki part 2

-------------------------Disclaimer-----------------------

I don't own Furuba or any characters associated with Furuba. They all belong to Takaya-sensei.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Honda-san is ill. Nothing really serious. She's got a virus and she's been vomiting. She's staying off school and Hatori's been staying with us to care for her. I've been making her leek soup. Luckily, I've got a lot of leeks from my vegetable garden. That stupid Kyo's also been caring for her, when he's not at the Dojo.

So. Yes. I told Kyo how I feel about Honda-san

***

"Hisako-san. We need to talk. Urgently. Please" I say to her at school. She smiles. She's wearing a cute black hoodie with cat ears on the hood

"Yuki! My Prince! What is it?" she asks.

"Hisako... let's go somewhere private," I say, dreading what I'm about to do.

It will break her poor, sweet, Hisako heart.

But I think of Honda-san.

I think of Tohru.

And I realise that I must.

***

I tell her everything. I tell her about Honda-san and how I never really loved her.

Maybe I shouldn't have told her that last part.

"Oh my God. You... you bastard! Why did you lie? Oh my God!" Hisako yells.

Ouch.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I..." I can't think of anything to say that will help this situation. 

"You're SORRY? Too late! You lying bastard! I loved you. Ha! Bastard" She screams. Then she slaps me. Hard.

She's surprisingly strong. I bet she trains at the Dojo with the other Sohma kids.

I don't fight her. Instead I just keep repeating one overused, meaningless word.

Sorry.

"I'm not even gonna waste my breath talking to you." she picks up her bag "Iv'e had enough of your bullshit. Have a great life. You bastard."

She leaves, half walking, half running. I can hear her sobs. Quiet, muffled sobs that she would rather die than me hear.

I am a bastard. I feel so terrible.

***

"Why, look, it's Yuki. I feel so grateful that he's honouring us with his presence on this fine day." Shigure remarks as I walk into the room. Oh yes, I forgot to mention. Ever since that fight with that stupid cat, I've taken to eating by myself in my secret hideout that only Honda-san knows about.

"Shigure." says Hatori sternly.

"Yes, brother dearest! Don't listen to Gure!" Ayame cries. He's in the kitchen. Oh God, please say he's not cooking.

He's staying here because... because... actually I don't know why he's here at all. Probably because Hatori's here and my brother can't resist the chance of been reunited with the Mabudatchi trio.

"What's for dinner?" I ask.

"Sansai soba. I hate it... but it's better than leek. Or miso" says that stupid cat, glaring at me.

"Oh ok. Who's cooking it?" I say.

Pleasedon'tbeAyamepleasedon'tbeAyamepleasedon't-

"I am! And it's almost ready! So why don't you sit down, everyone!" says Ayame.

Oh God. Could my day get any worse?

***

The Sansai soba is basically a pile of boiled vegetables with a lump of chicken an egg and some tin, stringy noodles. There are shards of egg shell scattered across the plate. If you think I'm a atrocious cook (which, let's face it, I am), my brother is 10 times worse. I really don't think he should be legally allowed anywhere near a kitchen).

"This is... delightful, Aaya," Shigure says through gritted teeth. I notice how he hasn't eaten any of his food.

"Why thank you, Gure! I'm so flattered you like it! What do you think, brother, dearest?" he asks.

Oh no.

"It's... Um. It's very... um... different." I tell him.

"Oh, how lovely you like it! I see your brothetly love and respect for me is growing! I'm so touched! Well, I'll just have to cook again. Did I tell you about the time I competed in the school cooking contest and-" Ayame was interrupted by Hatori.

"Yes, Aaya. We have heard this story. Multiple times. And I was there for most of it." Hatori tells him.

"Okay." says my brother. Wow. A monosyllabic reply. So unlike the usually Ayame.

"This... IS FREAKING DISGUSTING!" says Kyo. At last, the cat speaks.

"KYONICHI! APOLOGISE AT ONCE!!! I COOKED THIS WITH LOVE FOR YOU! I SLAVED OVER THOSE NOODLES FOR YOU OUT OF MY OWN GOODWILL AND-" yells Ayame.

"Aaya, forget about Kyo, he's just a young, misguided youth, struggling with his feelings for our sweet flower Tohru-" says Shigure, before he is inturupted by an embarrassed cat.

"YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" Kyo screams.

For a moment , an awkward silence posseses the room.

"Well, I'll be seeing you later, Gure," says Aya.

"Please, Aya, not in front of the children," replies Shigure.

Oh, God. They're playing at being lovers again.

"ALRIGHT!" they shout in unison, then they high-five.

"You are the people I will meet in hell," mutters Kyo, scathingly.